Make PoTs first come first served, not by bank account size. (POLL) [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Anendrue, Dec 2, 2014.

?

Which method should Portalarium use?

1. First Come First Served

58.3%
  2. I paid more money?

41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Well I got that wrong it seems .

mbomber and Duke Arradin like this.
  2. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

11 Metros out of 80+ towns currently purchased.

is it either
    A) People with huge wallets calling the shots and getting advantages over those with smaller wallets ( Your words , not mine ) , OR
    B) Large groups of people that go together and is able to 'hammer polls' ?

You need to decide which one, you can't have both.

There is no need for you to "leave" the thread at all, you made your opinion clear on a subject that you obviously hold dear, why the sudden change of heart and abandon it?

Everyone ignore the initial messy start of this thread , IF you actually make your case and explain why you are so worried that the ' small people ' will get neglected ? I do not dimiss that concern, it's the way you put it that tick me and some other people off.

Oh and according to the poll, my opinion is in minority, so you should feel that you are right and keep fighting for what you belive in, amirite?

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  3. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

My statement was
    Large PoTs is not always just one person. Many are guilds with variable numbers of members. The assumption of 1 PoT =1 member is not always valid nor is 1 PoT = 1 Guild of numerous members. There is a lot of variety that must be allowed for.
    The power of social media is massive and I feel they do go together. Twitter, email, and much more make it easy for large groups and guilds to run up a poll if they wish. In your statement, a large group of people paid for a large town. So in your words they can go together.

Thankfully the community seems to not have done that. I am encouraged and delighted that democracy is well and alive in these forums.

This point is on the edge of this topic and perhaps deserves a thread in the general area for those who wish to examine that in more detail. I for one do not wish to return to University as there are volumes upon volumes on social discourse.
    1. I felt the messy start was ameliorated.
    2. We had stated our positions and the thread had run its course.
    3. It’s obvious we do not agree. So perhaps it is better to agree that we disagree.
    OK, so you do not like my attempt at using Ultima virtues. That has been made clear by you in multiple replies. I believe that was resolved. So yes ignore the messy start.
    I do not view this as a fight. Perhaps you do and then again perhaps you do not. Since, I do not read minds and have no way of knowing, I prefer to present my opinion and allow people to agree or disagree as they see fit.

IMHO, I believe opinions are like a garbage heap. One person’s garbage is another person’s treasure. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and hope to meet you in game sometime.

4. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I am probably the largest land holder and possibly the biggest backer of this game. I agree that no town should be in game before any other town no matter the size. All owner's should have the same chance to grow their town. This game is about community and learning. Owning a town is a great opportunity for someone who might not otherwise have the chance to learn to be a leader.

Metro owners already have a distinct advantage over smaller towns, in my opinion, but location should follow a logic that metros would be centrally located. Don't sell yourself short in the fact that there will be reasons to draw people to your smaller towns. I have seen a lot of creative ideas and owners that will have no problem growing and becoming an important part of the game.

I am willing to wait on my town so that everyone has a fair chance. I hope Port doesn't miss this opportunity.

Also, I'm not voting on the poll. It doesnt include "all at the same time".

Moonshadow and enderandrew like this.
  5. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

read the whole thread, not sure I see the issue.

This project had always been about who gave the most money first, in like everything.

not saying I agree, at all, but you gotta be blind not to see that.

not saying they don't listen and respect other, less affluent points of view, but the trend is to always go where the spice is flowing from - no one said they would practice the virtues they espouse.

Duke Arradin likes this.
  6. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

I deleted my math post for incorrect assumptions.

Charli.J and Mark Johnson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.