Make PoTs first come first served, not by bank account size. (POLL) [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Anendrue, Dec 2, 2014.

?

Which method should Portalarium use?

1. First Come First Served

58.3%
  2. I paid more money?

41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Regarding quadrants. In the POT telethon talk, IIRC DarkStarr mentioned selecting N E S W and the vale. So 5 choices.

2. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Hmm? I said first come, first serve on tier basis , meaning the size of the town , but person who made the first metro purchase get to chose before the second metro owner etc.

I have never heard this, source?

Eh, what? it IS exactly how pledges work if you disregard the F/B Status. You could have bought a baron pledge months before me, but with my Duke pledge, no matter how much later ( within the timeframe ), i get priority pick over you. So yes, it is exactly the same system i want done with PoTs. Tiers(Size) of PoT before time of purchase.

A city house must be placed on a city lot, and a Mountain Biome PoT need to be placed at or close to mountains.
    In my opinion its also the same, as PoTs will come with restrictions on where they can be placed based on how YOU want YOUR PoT to look. if you want a harbor PoT, doesnt it require it to be oceanside?

I argue that there will be a sertain amounts of PoT in sertain areas of the map, and that is directly related to how they made things work with pledges and thier house lots.

3. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Nicely written up Spoon.

4. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Im sorry but i don't buy it.

You made the post with your own agenda in mind, and it really shines thru between the lines of the post. The poll is made to make it sound like its only one viable answer, where everyone who voted against you are supposed to feel shame.
    You then proceeded with a robin hood-like feel that the 'small' ( ie 'poor' ) people are victims that are worth next to nothing etc etc.
    It's the same thing i´ve heard all along when it comes to pledge levels, and now in PoTs , and im getting really sick and tired of it.

So you payed less than some other people and dont want to see them 'skip the line' ? I can TOTALLY understand that, but thats how the world works.

I don't JUDGE you by your post(s) and claim you are a bad person, i can RELATE to the issues you feel are here, and how you feel about it all, and this is in NO WAY a rant or some kind of insult towards you, i just want to tell you that you didnt think this thru before you posted it, you probably posted it in a heated moment and it really showed.

I respect everyones opinion, and i dont claim to be RIGHT or PERFECT, but i do care about this project, and any attempt to make me sound bad because i " pay more " will be 'attacked'.

Sean Silverfoot (PAX) likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I missed that. Good catch.

6. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I would say pot's should be placed on a monetary factor.

Duke Arradin likes this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I still think you are spot on with the X,Y,Z number of POTs per quadrant though.
    I also think the same applies to biomes.

What is the point of letting us chose if those choices could lead to impossible placements.

Lets make an example to show why they would need to take your suggestion into consideration.
    What if too many owners chose the same quadrant, or the same biomes?
    Let's say that 75% of all towns want "close to water" due to the water lots, what then?
    Let's say that 75% of all towns want Western quandrant, what then?

8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I am considering buying myself a Holdfast and i just have to mention that it wasn't all that easy to find information on it. My main concern is whether or not my town would be ready in time for the mad dash land grab of the release date and not in some kind of development queue. Location is not all that important to me as long as i can move in on day one. For the same cost i could upgrade to Lord and be a part of somebody else's project ( Lux Sanctuary in particular appeals to me) so it is a big decision that i am not rushing into.

9. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Which boxes exactly? Any pictures?

mbomber likes this.
  10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

On the basis that the only control over placement a player has is in fact the quadrant of the map.......I find this thread kind of pointless.

In terms of placement in the Vale......I'd probably be using the "Don't lawyer me bro" statement.

Regardless of everything money talks (and so it should).....but in this instance, it doesn't have a great amount to say.

Spoon, Themo Lock and Duke Arradin like this.
  11. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

Spoon
    I already agreed that my OP was poorly worded and failed to bring the principle concerns to light in a good manner. My attempt to use irony and Ultima lore was taken by many to be literal. For that I apologized to the community at large. I also clarified I am not attacking the devs in any manner whatsoever. A couple of people made that connection and others did not.
    Beginning of civilization - that's an interesting argument for Darwinism. This is obviously a discussion better not followed upon and I agree in that respect with you.
    Incentives - isn't the larger city size the incentive and what that offers their particular community. Being first or last has nothing to do with how much they spent in most cases as most people purchased what was needed to resolve a successful solution for their particular group.
    Location - My point about location has a suggested solution of letting the devs decide those locations and not by who paid more (made in a later post).
    Waiting - sometimes that can be good but if the issues are not out front then waiting could be damaging to some.
    Less of what was offered - I absolutely agree. PoTs are a timesink and as a project director I would have crushed that idea from the word go. BUt Portalarium gave them to us. This problem is much like corraling a horse after its left the barn.

Duke Arradin
    I already gave you a mea culpa for the wording and POLL in my OP. As for an agenda - mine is only to make sure my small place gets its biome and quadrant nothing more nothing less. A small group of 7 people are not going to impact the world economy of this game in any meaningful manner. You attack as if I was somehow going to overturn the world order. I just want people to see that the system is flawed and pushes some forward and some backward in some sort of Darwinistic survivial of the biggest wallet. IF I had an agenda as you seem to believe what could it be? I love the game, the community, the developers, and everything about this project. I purchased a KM benefactor account and a small PoT and according to you that has no economic benefit. Your right we are a small light RP group but we do not want to be pushed around and left waiting in the wings either come release time. 80+ PoTs is a lot of development time and work and things will get cut as deadlines loom larger. I just want small PoTs protected.

Charli.J and Mark Johnson like this.
  12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

They will get them all in there on time - the solution (and problem) lies in the template.
    Looking at what $750 gives, I'd say that we are looking at 2-4h exclusive time, tops. That means that all choices are submitted before the session and most of it the session will be spent with them taking the assets and placing according to the template.
    *dangling a silver spoon, back and forth, back and forth, in front of Themo*
    Relax, you are in a beatiful and wonderful place. I am going to count down to zero and then you will be safe.

Jatvardur and Themo Lock like this.
  13. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

One more note then I am out of here. I feel that in the end I am fighting a losing battle. Large PoTs can call out the troops to hammer the polls. Portalarium will have to honor the necessary real world economics to get this game developed. If anyone feels slighted by my OP again I apologize. I only strive to protect the little groups with limited resources from being the limb that gets trimmed or modified as deadlines loom.

Charli.J and Mark Johnson like this.
  14. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Just watched the player town deep dive again....

FYI - There's a point where RG says that he believes they are "close" to the limit of player towns right now.

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

agreed on the trimming and project lead etc.

but I'd skip the passive aggressive stuff.
    Duke Arradin has no pot and is not a part of one, yet.
    I have a small one.
    Jat who mostly agreed with you has a big one, and a large POT as well.
    Etc. the world isn't black and white, you are not being repressed.

Bodhbh Dearg and Duke Raas like this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I think it is a moot point where the best location will be. Who knows at this point? Just because you're by a city should not be of concern that much if you have your town stocked with what you need to proceed to your style of town living. What happened to 'home is where the heart is'?Will your towns have heart or be a home lol. Like for example, ok honey I'll go get the groceries this time.;) It will be so much fun having your own town to create. I think eventually they'll come out with more we can do to make our towns unique, they hinted at it in the screamathon but said they are too busy right now. I did vote for "I paid the most money", but truly first come first serve is ok too. I just don't understand that there is a panic well or much of a debate, I just see the possibility to create something special.:)

17. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I would hope so. I think 100 would be a good stopping point for episode 1. Don't want resources to become spread more than they already are.

18. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

First come first served. Wow I can not believe they said that the higher level POT go first...

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  19. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

As a member of a large well-known POT, I can assure you that there is no effort to "hammer the polls".

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  20. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Nope.
    Quite the contrary, this info has been in the main site FAQ since before I joined. It was one of the first parameters when I decided I'd purchase a POT. Check it out:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_351

I've used it in my answers to people asking about POTs. For instance the same poster that started this topic and was shocked by the answer got this reply from me a couple of weeks ago;
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-pot-owner-whats-next.17071/
    This was his question:
    "Can anyone who has been through the process from start to finish tell me what happens with Portalarium in the design process?"
    This was my answer:
    "The process starts "sometime early next year". So there is no one who has, when there is you'll see lots of posts asking lots of questions here. They go first in size order, then in date order."

Duke Arradin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.