Makers Mark -- (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Darkblade, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You still have the same technical issue as to where the mark will go on each item. From there you can just mip map the texture for close up and far away.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Perhaps it's me but I had the impression that most of us (myself included) have been thinking almost exclusively in terms of maker's marks for items like weapons, armors and other non-consumables and the technical issues surrounding that.. but then I got to thinking.. what about bottles? I think it might have come up elsewhere but seems to me this hasn't been talked about much.

Objects that often come with or can come with labels. This would work well for alchemists as well as any brewing or wine making skills. The bottles would be easy to crowd source also as the texture mapping for custom labels would be easy to do.

3. Montesquieu Paine

Montesquieu Paine Avatar

That leads to an interesting follow-on. If I use area-affect magic, might I toast (or soak) all the labels on all the bottles and thus end up with a much-more-problematic alchemical collection as my loot?

(During the Second World War, the French vintners knew not to try hiding their bottles under water when the Germans were coming through. Because during the First World War, the one who had done so, found all the labels floating on the surface the next morning.)

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think the level of detail might be a bit much. :) but you never know.

5. Entheos

Entheos Avatar

I would love to see this happen in SotA! In DAoC, I was one of the main smiths for my guild, and I would provide my guild-mates with Masterwork Weapons that they were proud to wield against our hated foes! Being able to inlay a Maker's Mark on the fuller of the blade I made for a Lord or Knight would be the best advertisement for my business, like the way certain ancient Viking Broadswords had Maker's Marks inlaid in the lower portion of the blade near the guard.

The mark doesn't have to be large, it just needs to be in a visible location, like in the center of the Pommel, or just above the guard in the Fuller...Even a single "rune" would suffice, as long as it would be immediately identifiable.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.