Making the camera follow you?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by RockyWaist, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyWaist

RockyWaist Avatar

I have looked via search and found one thread which does not explain it. I want the camera to auto follow the direction I'm facing.

This will make or break the game for me. Other wise controlling the camera via righ mouse button makes me travel sick. If I could solve this, then I'm happy to buy it.

Can anyone help please. Thank you.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

There is no way that i know of to change this, sorry

3. RockyWaist

RockyWaist Avatar

I have found a work-around. I changed the key assignments so that the A & D keys turns left & right instead of the [ ] keys. That sort of works, but it highlights something else: the performance of this game... Its not the camera following the direction of travel but the game performance that gives me travel sickness. When I press A or D to turn (keys changed) it lags and then suddenly spins the world. I have played games of a similar type with similar demands and they play just fine. Like ESO, WOW (?), WOT, all with graphics on full. I can even play Fallout 4 or Skyrim under Boot Camp without issue (again graphics up full).

iMac 3.4GHz i7 quad core, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS 10.12.6

I am going to install a hybrid HD maybe that will help.

4. RockyWaist

RockyWaist Avatar

I muat add that I have graphics on SOTA on the fastest setting.

5. RockyWaist

RockyWaist Avatar

Is offline mode (not available on the trial version - so I can't check) as poor performance-wise? Is movement more responsive? So that when I turn around the game actually keeps up and doesn't give me travel sickness by randomly turning the screen way after I press the key to turn.. Thank you.

6. Greythane

Greythane Avatar

@Chris is this hard to implement?

7. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

I don't have this issue, when I turn the game moves, when I stop the camera stops. I'm not technical enough to tell you what to look for or to suggest other than it's not related to everyones experience. Hopefully that will help narrow down for you where to search ^_^

8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

@RockyWaist , it sounds like you are in Mouse-Select mode and I understand your frustration if that is the case. You want Free-View mode(I think this is what it is called.) I have mine set so that the Right-Mouse moves my character and the camera at the same time. I use the Tab key to change to Mouse-Selection mode(I think they changed this as the default key some time ago though.) Anyway, to move with the mouse make sure you select Use Mouse to Move in the Controls menu. Also, find Toggle Cursor in Controls. You can bind this however you want, but I'm bound to the Tab key. This will toggle you between Mouse-Selection and Free-view modes.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also it is easy to accidentally click on tab and that is a thing a lot of new players do. I never use the tab key myself. If you accidentally clicked tab just click it again. Also t toggle auto attack and free attack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.