Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Managing glyphs key bindings is too much work

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Gubbles, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Dragging over 150+ glyphs to the combat window is a real pain in the ass. Is there a way to drag entire quantity for of a single skill in one motion? Is it possible to move already assigned glyphs from one key to another without having to first right click to remove them, then go back to the glyphs window to and begin individually dragging them? Its seriously 7 motions to do an incredibly simple task.

Tonight basically started out with me spending 30 minutes reallocating my skill points, only to find out I didn't have enough gold to allocate them all. Then spent another 30-45 minutes trying to decided on glyph categories, and key placements. I'll be honest, I don't like the deck system, I don't like the skill tree, and I don't like the way combat plays out. This user interface is horribad and it makes it that much harder for me to get into a good mindset where I see your vision, and enjoy what you're trying to accomplish.

The interface should be made so I can quickly prototype my build. I'm sure there are people that enjoy the tedium of deck building, but please get me into combat quicker. Please get rid of the glyphs window. It is absolutely useless. It is another representation of the skills tree; collapse these tools into the same window. In the combat window, make it so glyph key assignment starts from key / slot binding box that I want the skill assigned to. In the same way that I can right click to remove skills, make it so I can click to add skills. Organize the drop down by category. Allow the user easy increase or decrease the skill quantity with a single click. Allow the user to move skills from one binding to another.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't know about that. I think it would be a great option if we don't have it. I like to single drag a lot tho to put them in the slot I want them to show up. Great suggestion.

Tarsin likes this.
  3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

you can double click to add them to deck

Katrina Bekers and Tarsin like this.
  4. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

I just tried that out. Thanks. It is better than what I was doing, but its still not easy enough in my opinion.

majoria70 and Themo Lock like this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Tarsin
    Maybe if you made a short movie showcasing what you mean?
    That way other players can spot shortcuts you might be missing or come with specific suggestions to the devs for improvements.

I re-made my deck in under 5 min which included rethinking the strategy due to the costs of tiers and the plague running rampant.
    But mine is a really simple grinding melee deck made to cost as little as possible in maintenance while still get the job done.

Tarsin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.