Map Broken - Link Doesn't Provide Details

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nog, Jun 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nog

Nog Avatar

Upon reloading the game, the map feature is now broken. That is to say the map never shows any region as a map. Instead a red-letter alert comes up, referring players to a forum thread.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/in-game-map-not-working-read-this.121674/

Unfortunately, the instructions for this fix do not address an important detail. If you go to download/install the MSVC, you get 3 options. It is not at all clear to me which of the 3 versions someone might need.

*vcredist_arm.exe
    *vcredist_x64.exe
    *vcredist_x86.exe

Having no map is pretty game breaking. Information from a knowledgeable player or dev about exactly what needs to be downloaded would be appreciated. Thx

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Nog, which of those three you need depends on your hardware. the difference in the name is processor type. arm processors are mostly in chromebooks and some of the first ms surfaces, x86 for older 32-bit intel and amd processors, and x64 for newer 64-bit intel and amd processors (most likely to be in a computer running sota).

Jaesun and Nog like this.
  3. Nog

Nog Avatar

Thank you. I was guessing between the x86 and x64 but was not willing to download the wrong one and was surprised there wasn't an instruction in the post or at the Microsoft page for those not especially savvy with these kinds of nuanced computer questions.

4. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I've done everything in that post and the map still locks up on me. It's related to zooming or scrolling so as long as I don't use the scroll wheel or double click to zoom it keeps working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.