1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Merchandise Suggestion Cloth Map

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Steve Sosaria, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Steve Sosaria

Steve Sosaria Avatar

Yes I know you can get a cloth map in the box version, I have 13 copies. What I would like to see in the merchandise, is a larger version (2 times larger) cloth map. This would be identical to the online map on this web site. The map can be 2 versions, one in English and one in runic. I would buy both, or maybe do versions in any language maybe. I would actually probably buy 2 copies of each myself, I like spares and would probably frame the spares for my wall. I apologize if this is in the wrong thread I am new to SotA.

Xithar, Dabs and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. Steve Sosaria

Steve Sosaria Avatar

Also any new areas created please make detailed cloth maps in English and runic for sale in merchandise.

ConjurerDragon and Xithar like this.
  3. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Be interesting to see where the money comes to make these. It wouldn't be cheap add in shipping problems. I don't see it happening. Just my opinion.

4. Steve Sosaria

Steve Sosaria Avatar

The only item in the merchandise is the silver anhk, it would be nice to add more items. The game was sold in box version as i have 13 copies being a collector, and had an anhk and cloth map same as all the original Ultima games well most of them, 1st one had paper maps, I have a pristine copy of that. Coins of the realm would be nice as well in various metals like the silver serpent on sale. Money would come from sales hopefully.

5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I know how the boxes were sold what was in each level of box. I have a Founder account and have been here since the start. Hey would love to see it happen, just sincerely doubt it ever would. IMO, of course.

Steve Sosaria likes this.
  6. Steve Sosaria

Steve Sosaria Avatar

Well if I didn't ask I would most likely not get, can but try. I will be buying the silver serpent on 1st Feb when I start my subscriptions.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

8. Steve Sosaria

Steve Sosaria Avatar

Yes I will be buying that soon, probably when I start subscribing on 1st Feb for 2 accounts, and will probably buy extra char slot for each account each month, until maxed even if i never use them LOL.

9. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Not really what you are looking for, but there is a deskpad version of the map on https://avatarrelics.com/sota.

I have looked into the standard size cloth map and have yet to find supply that can meet the consistent quality I'd like. A double sized version is an interesting idea. Scaling it up might be an issue though.

Would you like to see the map in anything other than a cloth version?

Steve Sosaria likes this.
  10. Steve Sosaria

Steve Sosaria Avatar

I would prefer cloth as it has been the standard for Lord British. Cloth maps are more resistant to wear and tear, especially compared to paper, but paper is better than nothing. The one that came with the box version is lovely but not in English, even though i do love the runic versions as well, but is not as detailed as the one on the website and part is covered by the title at the bottom.