Might return to game. Moving (house) question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stabbath, Jun 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

I have tons of items in a full mail box. It would take several hrs to go from mail box to home in game to unpack everything. Been a few years since I played. Is there a quicker way to move these days? Can I just pick a lot, use deed and things automatically go in place like my previous home? Or, have to manually do everything?

2. Trezir Pyle

Trezir Pyle Avatar

You now can craft, or find one crafted already from other players, and place a mailbox on your lot, inside your house, basement, or even dungeon. They come wall mounted or post mounted. Ornate mailboxes can be purchased from the crown store. There are also remote bank box that can be placed on your lot, that can be purchased from the crown store, or from others, which can help you also.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can place a home, dungeon and basement into the property manager to save it (all deco and everything within it is saved). You can then move to another lot in the same exact town and place it on the new lot. The new lot MUST BE THE EXACT SAME SIZE OF THE LOT THE HOME WAS ON to place your house there.

But, if you want to put the home in a new town, you will have to pay a fee in COTO’s to do so.

4. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

ok. my home is within the deed, and all items sent to mailbox. Can't recall if I saved to property manager or not. Maybe it defaults to a save? Guess I'll find out if I return to game. I might just play a different account and sometime in the future deal with the full mailbox on my current main account.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You are under a misconception, @Stabbath - items are NEVER sent to your mailbox (and never have been) - they are sent to your BANK.

Anpu likes this.
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

If the items are in your bank, I'm afraid you'll have to manually set them up.
    There are many ways to make it less painful, like placing your lot next to a banker NPC or using a portable bank access device as above mentioned.
    After you set everything up, next time you get evicted, it goes automatically to your property manager, so you can restore your home and deco with a single click.

FrostII and Owsley like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Recently they did make it so you so your deed goes to property manager but if its been a while you will find your items in the bank as far as I know. IMO there have been so many great additions and fixes to the game so try not to be deterred. Many places to live that are great. The dungeon experience has been improved as well as deco experience. Don't forget to utilize the teleport to zone scroll by placing it on your hotbar. It remembers all locations you've visited. Also in-game chat is free now and helpful, as well as looking for group /U = Universe chat, Alt F = looking for group. Welcome back

edited spelling

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    FBohler and FrostII like this.
  8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm sure there are plenty of POT owners who wouldn't mind setting a banker NPC next to a lot for you to help sort it out, too, if you don't have one of the bank devices.

As others have said, there's no cure for it the first time, but there's no more "bankdumping" once you set it up this one last time...(unless you manually and deliberately bank dump it from the property manager afaik).

FBohler and Barugon like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just putting this out there: I would place a banker next to a lot in Mystic Isle, even if you don't ultimately stay there. Just know that there is a Crown cost to move Property Manager slots between towns (there's no cost if moving to a different lot in the same town).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.