Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mining, Are You Serious?

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Xander Xavier, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarxly

Gnarxly Avatar

Real crafters should be happy that it's not easy. In fact anyone who enjoys crafting should be complaining the current system is too easy! If at some point you want to actually be a valuable respected crafter that can earn good money, than you HAVE to go through a long and tedious process of learning and hard work, else everyone and his mother is a crafter and it becomes pointless.

mass likes this.
  2. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

+1 to "Ok with slightly reduced ore drop rate"

+1 to "Stop whining or you will not survive the larger changes still to come"

We currently see a rapid inflation on ores on the ingame market. Tons of ore are stacking in hundreds of vendors. Soon the price for one ore will be close to the NPC sell price (at least for tungsten) as the offer is way larger than the need.

3. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Multi mode + Friend mode .... Mining is a real joke. REALLY TOO EASY. Too many poeple got stacks of 1k of each ore. Seriously. Man I have a ton of rare ressources like nickel, thunsteal etc etc.

And I play with only one account, imagine pleople who play with 2 and 3 account at the same time.

Think it s too late and we need a wipe :D

PS: the connection between Multi, Friend and Sole ONLINE mode is a real exploit !!!

4. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I've been to Etceter. And I know there's plenty of gold there. But I basically just run Elysium for the most part since it nets both silver and gold every run. I come out with about the same amount of both gold and silver every run. The only reason I can see silver being much more expensive then is the fact that it's used for a lot more things (every type of masterworking plus taming). Which of course means there's more demand for it. However, I don't see silver flying off of the shelves at the current rates people are asking. Which is why I think it's current average price on the market is a little high. This is why I have yet to buy any silver. I'd rather mine it myself.

For gold however, I both mine it myself and buy it when I see it going at a good price. Average price per ingot seems to be around 200 gold right now, but I've also found maybe 50 or 60 ingots so far at 120 gold a piece that I've bought. Whereas silver ingots are going for something around 500 a piece last I checked.

5. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

If I were you I would hold on to every ore and ingot you have until next release.
    If you think prices are high now, wait two weeks.

I was selling my gold ore for 100 ore per 5k, and iron ore 100 per 6k, and it was barely selling.
    And then all 4k of it sold instantly, so I looked around and I found out why people were buying up cheap ore.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    agra likes this.
  6. agra

agra Avatar

That's less than three suits of plate armor, if you make it out of an alloy.
    And then there's the lovely "if you try to masterwork/enchant, the item is destroyed if you fail" mechanic, meaning... a stack of 1k is nothing, with the current system. That's barely getting started.

Shade Cido, Kaisa and Ice Queen like this.
  7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

A lot of people have said similar things, and I agree that it's fine for nice things to be very difficult to craft, but there is so much more to it than just that. Really what's important, regardless of difficulty, is that what's being made is worth making. Whether something is worth making or not is determined not just by how difficult it is to make, but how difficult it is to make relative to other items and how valuable it is relative to other items.

If something exists with a value of 100 units that takes 1 time unit to make, something else with a value of 105 units that takes 3 time units to make isn't going to be a usable product. People won't buy it because it's a huge price increase for a tiny value increase. That's just a made up example, but right now there are a lot of things that might as well not exist because they are simply not worth making.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  8. mass

mass Avatar

Just a few observations from a solo player who enjoys the crafting here in no particular order.

1. There seem to be 2 viable ways to 'just' be a producer/refiner crafter and nothing else; a) join a group or guild that wants you to do nothing else but that role and feeds you supplies; or b) use a lot of real money to sell COTO's to fund your exclusive craft leveling. I don't do either of these.

2. Many real world businesses lose money the first year. I think a lot of crafting professions may work this way; until you figure out market demand and level your crafting skill to meet this demand it will be a losing enterprise. But once you get over the hump, it has a chance at great profitability.

3. If you want to be a solo crafter, you will need to accept that you need basic competency in several unrelated skills, including combat, and the gathering/refining skills that feed your production skills. They don't need to be mastered, but leveled to basic competency in order to master your skill of choice. Solo crafters may get a chance to exclusively craft once they have leveled their desired craft high enough and have figured out the supply and demand of the market.

4. I personally find SOTA's RNG in crafting to be the most forgiving I've ever had in any game.

I speculate that the depth and variety of crafting will greatly increase; it will be a shame if that opportunity is missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.