Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mining love?

Discussion in 'Release 48 Feedback Forum' started by Rat2, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

Mining copper and iron still only give one ore per node (unless you have a meticulous collection). Wasn't this going to be increased for this release?

2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

3. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Rat2
    Please provide the location of the copper and iron nodes that you are mining and I will look into it (different nodes yield different results).

Paladin Michael likes this.
  4. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

My graphics card is Kaput so I can't get on and check to verify 100%, but Graffe Gem Mines and Spectral Mines respective copper/iron nodes in 47 at least always gave 1 ore and 2 granite for the first swing (with the respective 1-2 minerals uncommonly). To that end, every single tier 4/5 copper/iron node that I have come across since I started being able to use them in maybe late May/Early June has behaved this way. The only copper nodes that I've found to give more than a single copper were from 1 star bandit road encounters where I have 100% chance to mine the node.

Not sure how helpful this is, but *if* it's intended to be able to pull more than a single ore from any given copper/iron node on the initial swing, then you have your pick of any t4/5+ node to pick from to verify the behavior.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  5. wizardsmoke

@Trihugger
    Thanks for the info! This helped me track down another very similar bug in the loot code that prevented these nodes from producing more than one copper/iron. This issue is now fixed.

Note that it is still likely that mining these nodes will only produce one copper/iron, but it is now possible to get more.

Paladin Michael and Trihugger like this.
  6. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Very happy to help narrow this one down! When you say "now" is this already in the live build or are we looking at r49? With @Chris having his fun with Fireflies (bad Chris! Bad!) and the potential for another mini-patch next week, is there any chance to sneak it in early?

Edit: And if I may be so needy... Is it possible for you to confirm/deny if increased mining proficiency increases the chances of seeing more than a single ore?

7. wizardsmoke

The fix for this bug was on the server, so it did not have to wait for a client patch. It was already fixed at the time that I posted.

Other than meticulous collection, skills do not affect the yield of a resource node. They only affect the chance to succeed when interacting with the node.

Trihugger likes this.
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Even though I still think you should get more than 1 or 2 per mining, for the first time I now see coal nodes giving (2) per harvest, even on a met. So apparently the bug must have been affecting that too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.