Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mirror Image Needs Improvement

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Isaiah, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

The mirror image spell is not a useful spell at this point. There are a couple of key issues that prevent it from being useful.
    1. FOLLOWS ME: This isn't useful because people can tell who the leader and the follower is. POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Can the mirror image be given the inverted values for the direction we are running? If I run south can it go north? If i turn right can it turn left... and so on?
    2. IT LOSES HEALTH: Another indicator that the copy is not the person who cast the spell is that it loses health like a summoned creature. POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Could it have a timer, and not lose health until it is hit by an opponent.
    3. IT DOES NOT HAVE MY GUILD TITLE: One guy with a guild title or another type of title sticks out when the copy has none.

This really concerns me. Read my deleted thread by the same name for more info.

Duke Albert, Tahru and Link_of_Hyrule like this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I tried this spell again, and I see that it does the same auto attack as our avatar. I think I may understand what you guys are striving for with this spell. The spell's description is misleading because it says that it would create a copy of the caster to distract opponents. As I mentioned above nobody other than the AI is going to be fooled by that.

I do remember some talk about a chaos magic spell that duplicates the spells that we cast. Now that would be good. If he cast the same exact spells that we cast not just the auto attack then it would be quite effective. Although that would make it a higher level spell probably. Anyway, after I see how it is behaving I see the point of the spell. It definitely needs some big fixes if it is to even have a chance to trick another player though, and that was my biggest concern.

Jakdaw Foxlauden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.