Missing Doors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aiyarree, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aiyarree

Aiyarree Avatar

Just noticed that my Viking-3-Story-Stronghold is missing some doors.
    And some of them are turning my decoration into something... wired.
    For example the hatch to the basement is suddenly direct in front of you when you enter the house instead hidden behind a second door. This changes the meaning of the whole entrance. Not to say what it feels in the second floor. One side of the staircase is a door the other is open...? Well minor Problem would some say. But there are principals and rules given out by Portalarium in the past. I kindly ask only to respect your own rules.

Here is Porta's argumentation about changing a house layout after going persistent:

"WE CAN NOT CHANGE ... HOUSE LAYOUT BECAUSE THAT WOULD RUIN THE DECORATION FOR SOME PLAYERS. SO EVERY SINGLE PLAYER HAD TO AGREE WITH A LAYOUT CHANGE"

I remember this answer/argument from one of the threads - i think about one of the founder houses.
    So i kindly ask to give the doors back because not every single owner agrees with the change.
    And not to speak that it is not fair for the other house owners. We get a change - the others not.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i would submit this in the bug forum.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You should bug report. This is a brand new release and very often they are buggy at first and need patches. It is just part of the drill here ;).

4. Aiyarree

Aiyarree Avatar

Do you think it is a bug? I tend to the thinking it is in preparation to the room-renting. Because a room is specified as separated by a door.
    And by coincidence the missing doors prevent the building of rooms. So i am quiet sure at the moment the house would count as one big room.
    Well beside perhaps the secret room an the small one underneath one of the staircases. Just a moment... this reminds me to Harry Potter... but anyway.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ok well I meant if it had doors and doesn't now have them. I know what you mean, I have a 3 story Kobold Row house that would be lovely if it had doors on the rooms. I don't really know how that will be handled, but it never hurts to ask ;). IMO too many of our homes have not enough doors.

One thing that does have great sized rooms is my town stone basement. Those are perfect sized. I am really hoping for door rental options even a key that you can click on to go into your rented room. That would really be cool to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.