Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mixed R13 feedback

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Svahn, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Well if you see a huge troll you can guess that it's stronger than a small ant... :) Bad example yes but I still think that the information you are asking for can be displayed graphically. The more you as a player fight the more you learn about the monsters, in the same way your avatar would. Of Course if you want to learn more about the different creatures there should be somewhere you can read about them or ask around to see if you can speak with someone that have been fighting that monster.

I'm actually quite sure that RG and the other DEVs actually can figure out was to graphically represent the information we need, RG have done it before in the Ultima serie with much less graphical options then we have today so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sir Cabirus, KuBaTRiZeS and awollenh like this.
  2. Janco Sturmfels

Janco Sturmfels Avatar

Ye i like the idea to learn Stuff for yourself to get experience (as player) by travel the world. You see a troll and never fought against one? At this moment (with no more Informations) the fun begins..."Can i win against a troll?" "What would be my tactic?" "OK i can do it! Charge!"

Than you hit the troll and run away. :)

These learning process would be broken by getting a level and exact HP Points on the Monster. And what would be the difference to any other ordinary mmo.

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  3. draykor darkale

draykor darkale Avatar

How about spider looks hurt, spider looks really hurt, spider is crying, spider is dead instead of health?

KuBaTRiZeS and Tahru like this.
  4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Wasn't this planned from the beginning? RG wanted visual sind about the health of enemies but it is not in the game yet. Or has this plan changed?

5. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

never saw or heard anything about an implementation of that sort.

6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Visual wound feedback was planned. It was planned that we would be able to see how hurt an enemy is by the wounds on his body instead of looking at a health bar.

Joviex, Svahn and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  7. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

What a nice discussion. :)
    Lots of arguments here.
    No-one touched the overland map, hehe.

I don't think the devs have stated yet that this will be a game that -only- caters to hard corers / old schoolers.

I don't see how having different things as options that can be toggled on or off can affect another player negatively.
    It has nothing to do with dumbing down the game and a lot more to do with accessibility and ease of use.
    Does it really bother some players here if some other players have like a compass indicator active for quest targets or can see what level or how tough the monsters are?
    Why? Is story-questing in Sota a new form of competition?
    Does everyone here on the forum want "the dumb" people to rely on Google and Youtube instead of finding a way inside the game?

Why should we know what level we as players are if we can't be told the level of the monsters we face?
    Get rid of levels entirely then.
    Perhaps get rid of visible stats like strength, focus-points, weapons damage-rating and such also.
    Do a bigger change in the rpg world/concept.

Maybe put a ring around the monsters name in some way that indicates their relative difficulty to you, like some games do?
    Grey, green, yellow, red. No need for monster-levels then.
    If so, it's best to make it an option so the braver warriors can disable it.

The health bar.
    @Lord_Darkmoon Visual wound feedback sounds very nice but it also sounds like something that requires quite a lot of design and programming resources to pull off if it is to be done with good quality.
    It sounds to me like every monster would need several damage models or whatever one uses.

Perhaps they should allow showing of numbers in the current health bar, or get rid of it entirely and only show 4 colors of health - green, yellow, orange, red, dead. For players and monsters.
    Wasn't it like that at the very beginning or am I thinking about another game?

Perhaps there should be an entusiast option that disables the display of almost every stat on everything?
    That would be a cool thing, not for me though, I like stats, lots of them.

8. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I remember Starr saying in a hangout that they've been working on the wound system. the characters will look wounded as their health bar depletes and they will bleed proportionally to the damage received for each hit. Sorry for not remembering the hangout.

Lord Baldrith and Sir Cabirus like this.
  9. napkinthief

napkinthief Avatar

In UO, you could use a skill (i think it was anatomy) to judge your target without attacking. This could be a really cool skill tree... more point in it will give more info... the skills also boosted some active skills (anatomy increased healing with bandages and slight damage increase)

I think the overworld map, as it sits now, is very good. It is very easy to explore. I still desire a mark/recall system as it takes some time to travel between towns and search for something simple off vendors, like arrows or ore.

As for the exact numbers for hp, etc. Im going to have to go against it. Its more fun to not know.

10. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

I like how MadHermiting has been elevated to Google status! I think we should run with that! #MadHermiting or is it #MadHermitting? Where are my English experts?

11. stile

stile Avatar

You have to many videos to find them without searches pffftt.. I know, i have playlists for them.. And i still search them!

TheMadHermit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.