Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Monies

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Dorham Isycle, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

So, R14 had a much better & dare I say sneakier way for devs to give gold to deserving young avatars, a gem mine. What secrets will R15 hold I wonder.
    What light through younder window breaks, this the sun, nah this my gold pile.

Tahru likes this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The gold "exploits" of R14 were open for everyone to take advantage of until they were fixed. The gem mine was dwarfed by another gold making bug that fewer people found out abotu and took advantage of. This method was shut down after jsut a single day, and there was probably a search of vendors and values to assure it wasnt occuring elsewhere.

Its also likely, though jsut speculation, that since the gems were dropping with 100% success for so long before the drop rate was fixed, that they may have left it in for EVERYONE to take advantage of (to buy lots and houses and test the new vendor supply and demand values) until they felt housing and vendor demand had tapered off enough to keep up with traditional income levels

Theres thigns that are more difficult to test out in the window of 1 month without having some sort of nudging mechinism.

Tahru likes this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Since the mines were nerf'ed at a higher priority than many defects were fixed, I believe it was not intentional in the first place. As development progresses, the game will become increasingly more difficult to progress in quickly. It will be interesting to see how the developers will mitigate
    1. The growing number of players discouraged because how hard it is to re-gain their previous holdings.
    2. The growing number of players discouraged because the amount of work is not worth it since it will be eventually wiped.
    3. The ability to test higher level activities.
    4. The ability to keep the game challenging and interesting (which is in direct conflict with 1-3)
    5. The ability for the game to become a game (which is in direct conflict with 1-3)

4EverLost and Dirk Hammerstrike like this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its a risk taken by crowd-sourcing all of thier testing.

They already have a giant warning label that say thigns are constantly changing, being reset or wiped, and broken right now, and theres not much you can do beyond that aside from only allowing an exclusive set of people who are willing to play broken games witht he intention of providing bug reports and such.

It is primarily the consumer's fault for choosing to "Play" an unfinished game, if they are upset about it. There are a large numebr of peopel who choose to donate, but will not play the game until it is released.

4EverLost and Tahru like this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I could not agree more, but sadly we are going to get the joy of reading all the complaints of people threatening to leave. Oh the joy. :(

*Waves at bartender* Where is my beer! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.