1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Mounting and dismounting with one key

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Stealch, Jun 18, 2021.

Tags:
?

How do you like this idea?

Poll closed Sep 18, 2021.
  1. It will be great!

100.0%
  2. I'm not sure...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bad idea, all work as designed well.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Hi there! Could you add same hotkey for mounts to dismount? For example - i put my mount in hotbar cell 7 (old habit from Neverwinter, there mounts is 7 by default), could you make dismount command when i pressed again the 7 hotkey? ESC key is not comfortable and close windows like navigation to lot. Thank you.

Elgarion, Warius, necronut and 3 others like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

I kind of wish there was some universal method to stop something you have active.

In this case, it's mounting a horse.

But let's say I have a pet out and want to dismiss it... I have to go to a tiny context menu in the corner of my screen to dismiss it.

Lets say I have a light spell going or night vision and want to shut it off... same thing. In that case, using the same key maybe is not a good idea, because some people want to extend their spells instead of dismissing them, but in combination Shift it might work. Then maybe the same system can work with torches so we don't have to mess around with the equipment.

This is one of those things I think is very awkwardly implemented in the game.

The Esc key for dismount I think also feels like it was chosen because you can't do much while mounted, so it seems natural to Esc out of it... though I really wish you could do more while mounted. Maybe not everything, but it seems like there's more you should naturally be able to do.

necronut likes this.
  3. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

I don't ask for global function for all hotbar, only to cell where is mount. It is more accurate to apply this behavior ONLY for mounts. Other spells and abilities let be as is.

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Your wish is granted, as long as you use the escape key to dismount and the non-combat-bar or it's associated hot key to mount.
    Or is something missing? :)~Time Lord~

5. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Not missing - backwards! ESC is unnecessary! Non-combat-bar or it's associated hot key to mount AND to dismount! One key to both acts! ESC is a global key of abrogation. Let it work as is.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Click on, click off :) sounds good to me!

Stealch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.