Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mouse Lag/Inertia Issue

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Jarl Hamrick, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Just wanted to make a quick post after getting my first long night in the game.
    I was a Royal Artisan backer back in the day just now coming back to the game as I wanted to wait until release to play at all honestly. Great job on release and with the game. Really enjoying it so far.

I do have one issue that I cant really say is a bug as I feel it is meant to be a feature maybe but I do think it is causing the lag issues to be even worse so would like to see if there is any way at all to disable it.

The issue I am seeing is with the mouse/camera movement when moving my char around the world.
    There is like an inertia effect or a mouse smoothing effect that makes you constantly over compensate for your movements due the small delay. I do think this make the lag seem much worse than it is when moving around.

Please tell me there is some way to disable this that I am not seeing in the menus? A config file or anything?

I look forward to hearing feedback on how to get rid of this or maybe it is something the devs can give some serious thought to providing a way to disable it.

I really do think it is making the lag issue worse and could solve some of those problems for some.

Thanks

majoria70 likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's an acceleration curve being applied. I'm also not a fan of this.

Sorthious likes this.
  3. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

Ya there must be. I wish I could find a way to get rid of that. I think the lag in towns would be much less frustrating.

Thanks @Barugon

4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Are you using the "reticle" targeting mode where you move the X in front of your character over something to select it?

It's awful. Especially with a low FPS system.

Go into Controls settings and uncheck "Hold Cursor Toggle". Then use right-click-drag to move the camera, and the arrow cursor to select. I was surprised at SXSW when their demo computers were set up that way, because back when it was new, that mode was the default. You can also assign a key to switch it on and off.

For what it's worth, it is good as a "trackpad mode", when you're on a laptop and you don't want to hold the right mouse button to turn the camera while walking around. Then you hit the key and switch it back when you want to interact with objects.

Just be warned when using right-click-drag that some objects on the screen, especially windows, take right clicks, so you have to make some effort to keep the cursor away from them.

5. Jarl Hamrick

Jarl Hamrick Avatar

@Elwyn thank you for the feedback. Actually I was not using the Hold Cursor Toggle. I tried that before and really dont like that at all. I do appreciate the info though.
    Things have gotten a little better but I just think like @Barugon said there is some kind of mouse acceleration or smoothing effect or curve being applied in the game. They really should if possible give an option to turn that off.

Thank you all. Things are running ok now. At least acceptable. The game runs very smooth in private mode so I do think alot of their lag/fps issues are to do with the network code and I am not sure there is any fix for that.

Sorthious likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.