1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Moving Forward from Kickstarter! ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FireLotus, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkticus

Arkticus Avatar

Congratulations to the SotA team. :) Looking forward to this project, and we seem to have a lot of great people on board as well. And I can't wait for the new forum :p

BTW, my emails won't match, so I'll be waiting for that contact :D And don't worry, I'm of the patient sort as well ;)

-Arkticus AKA JuhoL -Virtuous Ancestor WarWolf ;)

DavenRock likes this.
  2. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

@Anjel ~ I couldn't leave it like that. I am a writer too!

3. silverserpent

silverserpent Avatar

Thank-you FireLotus for keeping us abreast of what is about to happen. I've been following the live feeds, forums and chat and am really excited about this project going forward!

The interest in this project by the contributers and backers is amazing. The dev team is committed and interested in the players wants. I am 54 years old and have been a computer role-playing gamer for a long time. I especially like the idea that a lot of what the devs say about what is right and wrong about rpg's resonate with me!

A lot of hard work is ahead to be sure. But this seems to be a labor of love for many involved and the end result will be a testament of what the creative team and users can make. Good luck!

Finally, I welcome any new people to these forums young and old so we can share this hobby together.
    Listening to Tracy Hickman and Richard talking about their collaboration on the story, I see that something special is going to happen and I can't wait to see the end result. And Tracy creating a novel(s) on the backstory has me tingly all over!

SilverSerpent.

4. Ser Erris

Ser Erris Avatar

Thank you very much @FireLotus for the update. Information and clarification is always important to keep rumors (esp. wrong rumors) low.

On the IRC side of things:
    +1 for IRC, and sad that it is coming much later. Anyhow understand that there are much more important things to do right now.

5. Keketamine

Keketamine Avatar

amazing!!! congrats to the team, cant wait for the next few monts

6. Lord_Toast

Lord_Toast Avatar

Congratulations to the team, I'll do my best when it comes to being an ambassador for SotA.

7. Baron Elvish Dragon

Baron Elvish Dragon Avatar

@FireLotus: - I just have quick question... I am thinking about upgrading to baron2 but I am stuck waiting for kickstarter to move over... I am concerned that due to the delay I won't be able to because all the slots will fill up... is there any way to say "put a down payment" on it until the kickstarter stuff moves over?

8. Kaimuki

Kaimuki Legend of the Hearth

Thanks for the update FireLotus. Good to hear that forum improvements are in the works.

I'll try my best to be a great "ambassador" :)

DavenRock likes this.
  9. MrLuvvaLuvva

MrLuvvaLuvva Avatar

Looking forward to the next stage of this; already epic, journey.

The Kickstarter community was immense and i'm looking forward to reacquainting with you all

10. Jacra

Jacra Avatar

Just came here from Kickstarter and ... crossing fingers getting these huge member numbers into the forum will be smooth. ;)

11. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

OH! Asked about the email difference in another thread! Answered here!
    I will update mah email here to match my KS account - so the synch should be painless (I hope).

12. ☆Ritechezfire - RSF☆

☆Ritechezfire - RSF☆ Avatar

It's pretty exciting here. I'm looking forward to having the rest of the family come and stay. ;-)
    Welcome backers, please make yourselves at home - you're of cause welcome to help yourself to anything and everything and to stay as long as you like. In fact, bring your friends and family too - plenty of room for everyone! :D

DavenRock likes this.
  13. Lord_Toast

Lord_Toast Avatar

Silly question time: How can I tell my KS data was merged with this site?

14. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

click top right "Account"

then you should see something like:

Your Pledges

Title Price Change Date
    Baron2 $3515
    (includes $15 for shipping) 2013-04-06 03:04:14

very similar to what we have in SC
    but you wont have anything there for a while until the DB merging with KS is complete

DavenRock likes this.
  15. Lord_Toast

Lord_Toast Avatar

Thanks for the information.

16. dkrhome

dkrhome Avatar

Looking forward to all changes

17. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

ok - linked my kickstarter account here :)
    now can I change the email on my account without issue? I don't wanna use the same email as my kickstarter account.

good job with the sync guys! AWESOME considering some of the nightmares i've heard of (and why I use a special email for kickstarter).

18. jmarsh07

jmarsh07 Avatar

Hi, I've been trying to link my kickstarter account and I followed the instructions in the email -

Click the account button at the upper right corner of the screen.

Select the "Link Kickstarter Account" button.

Follow the instructions. That's it, you're done!

I did all this and then it said to enter the conformation code that I should get in an email.
    I've tried 3 times now over a 6 or 7 hour period and still no email.
    I have entered my email address properly - I checked and rechecked it - ( I've had this address for many years now) and I rarely make mistakes. And, yes it is the same address I used with kickstarter and Amazon, so I know I'm using the correct one.
    What's happening??

SO, SO, SORRY. Tried it twice more and it finally worked!!!(of course it did, I registered a complaint, then tried again)
    I'm not normally a complainer.
    So ignore this
    Thanks.

19. ☆Ritechezfire - RSF☆

☆Ritechezfire - RSF☆ Avatar

Yeah, my account sync went forward fine today. :D
    @jmarsh07 All good. We're all here to help, so I wouldn't say that was complaining - just asking for help. ;-) Glad to hear it was also resolved.

DavenRock likes this.
  20. Maximusas

Maximusas Avatar

This thread seems to have died. Any update on the timelines for the new store, new pledge tiers, forum upgrades, developer tier chats etc? I was one of the lucky ones migrating and merging my kickstarter account to the SotA website and additional Paypal pledges.

Hope everyone else didn't have too much trouble and are close to getting sorted if not already.

Looking forward to all the changes ahead in the coming days, weeks and months!

DavenRock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.