Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Multiplayer???

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by TarrNokk, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I feel lonely in this mmorpg.
    Even in multiplayer mode I barely see other players. Most of them play their solo instances to grind in mines orother spots, just to not lose the grinding spot to other players. This hinders player interaction as well as instanced PoTs and Adventuring sites. On overworld map you can see other players but you can't interact.
    I think it would be much better for a mmmorpg to have only 1 world where people have to acceppt when a spot is occupied and move on to the next location. Only when grouped make a group owned instance for boss fights.

Bom, iansmellios, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Maybe this is because SotA isn't a MMORPG. It is a Selective Multiplayer RPG. So people can choose the way they want to play and obviously many want to play in single player or friends only mode.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi TarrNokk. Yes the game feels very divided the way the world is being set up. There are many people I hear playing on single player online. I think having a lot of friends on your friends list helps, at least you know where they are. I am perhaps on a different time zone but feel free to add my character Majoria to your friends list. Also being in an active guild helps or being friends with players who are active to have others to play the game with would help at this point in development. I actually hang out quite often with some members of the guild OOV even though I'm in a different guild. Usually I go in game every day to do a few things.

Bom, Hornpipe, Budner and 3 others like this.
  4. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I am in an active Guild and I see many ppl online on my friendslist. All those are grinding in single player games. It's not only the thing of ppl on the friendslist it's just the thing not come across many players as result of single player instances.

Bom, Tahru, Luca Xante and 2 others like this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Have you asked your guild members if they want to group up to interact with you and ease this loneliness?

Tahru likes this.
  6. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

No. I am dumb.

Bom, Gatsu. and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Just give it a shot. My guild had an impromptu guild hunt last night in Sequnna Colossus with a bunch of guildies who were just online at the time. It was a blast.

Spoon likes this.
  8. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

SotA is very much a sandbox MMO but it's still just getting started. I think single player modes are horribly punishing - I don't get the appeal of wanting to be left alone in a MMO - but whatever, I can see the silver lining. Once this game launches, the economy is going to need a steady supply of cheap mats and resources and that's when we'll all start to really appreciate all these loner grinders that just want to be by themselves in single player online mode. Mats will become plentiful and cheap and everyone working together in multiplayer will be able to focus on building and creating in the sandbox instead of harvesting... So long as SPO players keep hitting that grind, it's all kind of win-win when you think about it.

Hit me up in game - (Gideon Thrax) because if I'm online, I'm in multiplayer.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  9. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

talked about that infinite times... (seems that the only thing that is happening.. is fixing quests.. and losing players)

1) developers needs to increase respawn rates (x2) on multiplayer to make someone play this game on multiplayer
    maybe do the same (x2) for all nodes (cotton/ores/trees) .. this force a player to watch a mine first on multiplayer..

3) make some places only multiplayer (logic say that PUBLIC VENDORS needs tobe multiplayer.. because they sells items of other players...) yes yes.. i know that central cities (where public vendors are located) are very laggy... my suggestion is to create a small scene (like random encounters scene) with a public vendor, and all the npc vendors and a PUB, locate the scene near brittany or call it CENTRAL BRITTANY.. and make it ONLY MULTIPLAYER

this can fix everything.. who want to stay on single mode can do that.. who want to make more business with other players or talk in a PUB can do that at Central Brittany (and this make brittany the central city).

Bom and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  10. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I was grouped with four other people and the lag from when my attack connected and damaged registered was around a full second. I died twice in part due to being unable to tell what the heck was going on and taking damage from enemies that were out of LOS.

In other words, people roll solo because without a group, the MP experience in combat areas can be miserable.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  11. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Yes you do and I am very happy about that :)

At least our EU players usually try to play at multiplayer mode and we usually have couple of newcomers or other guild members playing with us. Feel free to contact us in game TarrNokk.

12. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i think that this depends to the SCENE MASTER player.. if the scene master have a poor connection .. all the fighting is compromised... i suspect that SOTA is using direct connection between players like P2P to grant no disconnections or huge server load... this expedient is what cause: players is watching anothr one harvesting where there is no cotton... every player see a different location of enemies... every player see different animations (like troll falling on his back.. or just troll stunned) ... developers (for now) probably don't want that players see this huge amount of bugs on multiplayer mode... and don't want to force anyone to switch to this mode.

P.S. i saw a party memeber screen (using skype) and my screen and other screen are displaying different things.. and when there is the BAD CONNECTION icon.. players continues to talk and move without any issue on party in the same scene... (this for me is a direct connection beetwen players.. the scene master player is the server)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Bom and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.