Multiple characters, and appearance

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by redfish, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

My idea of how I'll use the second character slot is along the lines of how RG has had two personas in Britannia - Lord British and Shamino. The two characters will be intended as RP personas. I'm not interested in using my second character for any other purposes.

Another thing is that both Lord British and Shamino have similar appearances, because both are modeled after RG in real life. Unfortunately, I don't have a high enough pledge to have a custom face to mimic my real appearance, but I also would like my two characters to share a similar appearance, with key differences to make them unique.

However, adjusting it in the mirror to this effect is a lot of work. Thus, I would suggest one of two things, or both,

- Have our second character's appearance default to that of our first, so that when we go to the mirror on the Isle of Storms, the sliders are set to positions to make our avatar resemble our first. From there, we could modify as we like. And/Or,
    - Have a button to transfer/clone our appearance from our first avatar, and we can modify from there.

The first option gives us more of a fluid experience, with some game immersion and lore-based reasoning.

The second keeps in mind we might have more player customization options in the future, or might make mistakes, so gives us the flexibility of further adjustment.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Speaking of which, it would be great to be able to import our character appearance (if not our entire character) from online to offline.

3. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

No! This creates a resource for hackers to discover cheats in the online mode much more so that the resource that offline mode already is.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oh well, in any case, just the appearance would be cool, too.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

It would probably be easier just to have actual number values for each slider so you could really keep track of where the sliders are at. So like nose position is -100/100 or whatever. Could easily make a character creation template save and load without worrying about "hackers".

zerothis and 3devious like this.
  6. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

Save/Load character creation templates is a good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.