Multiple Entrances for POT's

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Elrond, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Would be nice if players can select where to enter in POT's like bridge or docks ....

2. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

If possible the town owner should select which spawnpoints on the list are available. So that not always all are shown, only the ones that town owners want that people can spawn at.

calkano (PAX), Adam Crow and Elrond like this.
  3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. Yes this has been requested for some time now. We did finally get Destination signs at the entrances of POT but still do not have the ability to Name then something other than the default "Main Docks", etc. The logic is in the game because NPC towns have multiple entrances so it would be easy enough and you can already see POI in POTs before you enter.

PS I know we can already select a spawn point for the town but multiple entries would be great.

4. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Actually I cannot completely agree with your request. I can understand that some citizens or visitors of a PoT maybe would like to start at a different position but I guess this would also reduce the individuality of PoTs.
    Currently the PoT owner has the possibility to choose at what position everyone visiting the PoT should start from and as far as I remember at each of the possible starting position is placed a local (cyan) teleportation sign to fast travel to each of the other signs. This makes it possible for the PoT owner to design the PoT around the chosen starting point or chose the position that seems to be out of his perspective the best to represent the town and everyone is still able to fast travel closer to the personal destination in the PoT by using the sign.
    If possible I would still suggest using a more individual start point marker the PoT owner can place but I understand that there were and still are a lot concerns that PoT owner could e.g. imprison visitors…so I’m content with the current solution that is adding to PoTs a little bit personality.

Duke Gréagóir and Arradin like this.
  5. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

What about when people enter your pot from the wrong side where you havnt Built anything, think its empty and leave?

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Or in my case where I have designed my POT to have 3 distinct boroughs on different parts of the island. Or other players that want a Elven village, a Human village, and a Viking water front? So the visitor has to spawn in to the Elven village and then take the fast travel to get somewhere else? Being able to design your POT is part of the joy to having one and the tech is already in the game because it is being used on NPC towns. I applaud the fast travel but the opportunity to design my POT for a better distribution of the land and then to have spawn points that takes the residents to where they want to go seems like a benefit.

PS none of the spawn points should be inside the town. All current spawn points are on docks with a banker right there.

Tila Tenderfoot and Arradin like this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Agree. Only one entrance.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i actually prefer only one entrance as long as there are internal travel signs. means less clicking to get in, especially if you're running from an encounter.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well you can select where to enter in POTs the governor can do that is. The feature is limited to only certain limited choices but I guess you are talking about players entering choices not pot owner choices. In Wizards Rest I was very happy for the entrance choice but two choices for this town would have been even better. Since we wanted a different entrance to town anyway as our main entrance. I think it would be great to have upper and lower entrances though to the town as a choice and maybe ability to list points of interests.

But truly the green Road Signs in POTS should be at the entrance of towns and list things like: upper Wizards Rest = Music Hall, So and so's dungeon, 2 vendors, crafting pavilion, crafting merchant. Lower Wizards Rest = 15 player vendors crafting pavilion and crafting merchant, magic merchant, decorations vendor, cooking vendor, armor vendor, so and so's dungeon, 2 devotionals, oracle, etc. The green road signs let you travel to different parts of the city and ability to list what is on each boundary would be great. The ability to rename the boundary signs to be more descriptive would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.