Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

music playing continously - no off nor control

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by mike11, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I was just noticing a small issue which could potentially lead to improved game performance - by not loading music nor playing it in background if you have the volume at 0.

Maybe we need a on/off switch more music?

Maybe we need a better music player in general in order to allow for multiple music per scene?

2. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I think all music should be redone.

I'm all for fan/community submitted content, but I think Garriot was too quick with his selections.

None of it fits. Its nice. But it doesn't fit.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    tesyra likes this.
  3. mike11

mike11 Avatar

so i play my own music in game :)) the lute sounds great.

Mata and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol well how about an example. I like most of the music, but perhaps I would like some that has an eerie tone to it, or a dangerous tone. I feel that some of the music doesn't represent the situation as well as I'd like, but that could be perhaps something later that gets balanced out. I love that the music is crowdsourced, but of course I also think it is fine to discuss it and like the sound effects I think these are important features to address:)

tesyra and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I really like the feel of the music and the way it was mastered and all... but the compositions are way too short and I often end up turning it down ; it reminds me of old games like age of empires... lords of the realms... heroes of might n magic :)

6. tesyra

tesyra Avatar

I cant put my finger on why, but i always felt it didnt quite fit, its nice, and its good, and if i had made it im sure i'd be proud of it, but somehow it doesnt always seem to fit right
    It could be that as this is pre-alpha it has just been sort of shoved in for now, and the intent is to more delicately assign pieces to zone/scenes later

Also, a different track - preferably one of many - should start when i toggle my war mode to on (draw my weapon) and only return to the peaceful "zone default" when i sheathe it again
    There should be several combat tunes, and several peace tunes

I genuinely like the music, it reminds me a lot in style of the UO music, but once it has looped round 2 or 3 times i have to mute it, that usually about 10 minutes after entering a zone
    Im sure it'll improve with time, theyve got a lot to do

Sir_Hemlock and mike11 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.