Mutiplayer situtaion

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Hemswal The Descended, Aug 19, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

It would be nice if all towns (NPC, PRT, and POT) and the world map were forced multiplayer like PvP zones are. It would really help the immersion in a huge way. I think I remember seeing a forum post about this in the past but I couldn't find it. Several of my friends that have tried the game have been turned off by the lack of visible players thinking that the game is just dead. I had to explain to them that there were a good amount of players but a lot of them were in friends mode. I'm not saying to remove friends mode (although I'd be ok with that too), I'm just saying to remove it for situations where it really doesn't benefit anyone.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And ho w do you chose to make the determination ? ? ? You leave it up to the player - They have MANY means of communication between themselves other players, friends and even enemies. From that Knowledge you can pick how you want to play - Alone, Friends Only , or in multiplayer.

This system is working and is working as designed. No more adjustment to the simple modes needs to be made.

The only FORCE is into PvP area where player are taking into multiplayer to meet the concept of PvP zones.

Better communication between players in groups is what appears to be needed.

3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

It is my understanding, and I might be incorrect, but I think the scenes are capped at a certain number of players. Some scenes allow more and some only allow a handful. This is why the game is not a MMORPG in the sense that you "see" hundreds" of people. You will see the scene limit of people, and supposedly your friends and acquaintances first. Now it might be a MMORPG in the sense that many people are playing online at the same time, but you can only see so many people in each scene.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The player population is low AS intended.. Portalarium has not marketed the game yet. That is the main reason why you don't see very many people around.. The game isn't ready for it yet. Your friends should be made aware of that.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Stop shooting down wishlist requests. It's a request, you can't unrequest it even if you disagree. Brainstorming sessions aren't supposed to have wet blankets saying no, you just let the ideas flow.

Let the poster have their moment where they put out the request and leave it up to the developers to decide if they will go for it or not.

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

if you are talking to me, that was not my intent, I am just saying what I have known from the past. I totally want an open world, but I just understand that is not the way the game is or has been designed. I would love an open world with tram and fel personally hehe.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If I made a request based on something I appeared to misunderstand.. I would want that understanding to be corrected if it could change my outlook on something. This particular request is based on perceived server population but the conditions that perception is based on will change regardless. In my case I'm not responding to the request but to the perception. If I wanted to 'shoot down' this one I wouldn't suggest explaining the situation to their friends. Rather there are other arguments to be made for that that I won't get into.. cause that's not what I posted for.

8. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

I like the concept, they have single player offline mode for people who dont like playing with people.

blaquerogue and Applerust like this.
  9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

this game is not that marketable at the moment, there is nothing that says this is one of the best games out there, Port hasn't reached that level yet, whether due to money or people working on it. The game needs to be better and less of a single player/facebook game in multiplayer mode!

10. Hemswal The Descended

Port has started marketing. I see ads regularly.

11. Hemswal The Descended

What's the harm in players seeing other players? Some of you act like that's a bad thing. The fact that we can't see other people unless both parties are in multiplayer or in the same party in friends mode is very limiting for immersion. It's not just about my friends. I'm only using them as a point of reference. I've also had new players ask me the same thing. "Where are all the players?" Especially while we're on the world map, comes up a lot. I find myself saying the same thing over and over. "There are people playing, but they're likely in friends mode so you can't see them. Also, why are some of you bashing my idea? Is this not the wishlist request portion of the forum?

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If that's so then it's very recent.

Nobody's saying it's a bad thing.. but the reality of it is the game isn't ready to be fully populated which Portalarium has said several times. It's not bashing your idea to simply explain why the population is low. Portalarium hasn't, and won't be pushing for a lot of new players until commercial release which is exactly what they've told us.

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

I have to just challenge this last comment to begin with, because there are a lot of reasons people stay out of Multiplayer, including in towns.

For one, being in Multiplayer increases your load times, lag, and hitching, especially in towns where there is already slowdown. On some machines, it might turn a 2 minute load time into a 8 minute load time. Also, some people are just turned off from playing with others because of a lot of reasons, including some of what they consider anti-immersive stuff the devs have included with some of the wearables and this makes it more enoyable for them to play alone or with friends.

I also don't think FPO/SPO was ever meant to be a kind of escape switch to hide from other players who are competing with you for resources in the scene ... and nor do I think it would be a good game mechanic if that actually was intended.

Personally, I get your frustration and why you want forced MP in these cases. Although I also think if it *were* forced, then you would have more people going solo and friends-only in adventuring scenes, because there'll be no reason to go in Multiplayer ever, and nobody would ever see others adventuring in the wild.

It would have the benefit that you could find people to play with easier, though, which would be great. Want to find someone to join your party for an adventure? Go into a town. Easy LFG.

Or just on the Overland map. Though when I do go in MPO I usually find a couple of people grouped around big cities like Brittany even with the low Multiplayer population as it stands.

14. Hemswal The Descended

I respect most of the opinions shared here and don't wish to debate. Regardless of your opinions, this is still on my wishlist which is why I shared it here, in the appropriate place on the forums.

Vladamir Begemot and Peabo like this.
  15. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I strongly disagree with this. Friends only has never worked, has been abandoned as "too hard". I would much prefer the friends only lie comes to an end. There is no difference with FO and single player. For the sake of honest virtues, call a spade a spade.

Applerust and blaquerogue like this.
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

to me it seems there are not enough monsters to kill in one zone, you get there 3 other parties are cleaning house, not fun to go places to find all dead, or have to wait for a respawn, that those 3 parties are capitalizing on! Thats the reason i seldom go into multiplayer, its not like you can roll up and kill those people killing everything unless they are pvp which 90% are not.

nonaware likes this.
  17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Good thing his idea had nothing to do with zones where one kills things.

Applerust likes this.
  18. Hemswal The Descended

If you read my post you'd notice I said "It would be nice if all towns (NPC, PRT, and POT) and the world map were forced multiplayer like PvP zones are." So, I'm only talking about Towns and the World Map.

Peabo and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  19. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Unfortunately it seems people only read what they want to read. I wished wayyyyyy back that the overland map was multiplayer only - to show off that people were actually playing and the game was alive. I was also shot down for suggesting.

Applerust and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

What is the purpose of wishing to dance with people that don't wish to dance? Why not wish for the illusion of dancers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.