Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My guild has lost a very good player !

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Abydos, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

It has just arrived :(

A good player and a good PvPers of course.

He deplored, like me, the lack of PvP.

As a feedback for Devs, I leave you his latest comment.

'' ... and I hate to say it but I really dont feel like playing anymore ... and I hate reading about players exploiting the Rise and not being punished. That is the #1 reason I left ESO ...''

It's a shame to see good player and a good person leaving :(

2. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

So very sorry to hear this. All guild members are needed for each guild at this time in persistence. A variety of players is needed for good input as the game progresses.:(

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

does your friend realize this is early access, and not the final RC? (or 1.0, or launch, or whatever the term is...)

it is sad that people leave the game, but... the game isnt complete yet. if anything, we should all jump for joy that we can exploit this early access and start crafting, getting resources, and exp, which we (believe we) will have when the final product is released.

until then, i would expect the process to include much exploitation, and the very very limited team trying to put a damper on it where they can.

as an aside, i do believe the devs have often stated that pvp will never be the primary focus of the game features. btw i was a hard core UO pvp'er, so i feel your pain. i choose not to pvp at all until there is a final product, cuz, well, its just going to be broken and unfair until then.

so really, your friend sold us out ;). your friend has the responsibility to contribute to the development of the game by offering constructive feedback and alternative options, without the expectation that change will occur overnight, or even over a fortnight.

pls ask said friend to come back and enjoy the scenery while the game develops :).

4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I would hate this too. Regarding pvp, I understand that those alleged exploits poses big problems. but :
    - like all rumors, we do not know precisely what we are talking about (How much XP exploited exactly ?)
    - like all rumors, we do not know precisely who we are talking about (and how many exploited the Rise purposely ?)
    - and as always in such cases, one can not know whether measures were taken by Portalarium against proven cases (because those measures are never public, for obvious reasons).
    So far, I have not heard anything convincing about that. That does not mean that the rumors are false, but we need to stay objective.

And keep in mind that it was quite possible to achieve very high levels without exploit.

Leelu and 4EverLost like this.
  5. Gix

Gix Avatar

We're playing an incomplete game... so the fact that people are "leaving" means very little other than being a reinforcements that people enjoy playing complete products.

Leelu likes this.
  6. Rip Saya

Rip Saya Avatar

There is no shortage of PvP games. This is not going to be a great game for PvP. Very sorry that person left, but to be honest, the reasoning is silly. The truth more likely falls under "i'm bored, found something else to burn time on, not what I thought it was, I thought I would like it." I feel that way 9/10 games I play. They look good to start, and many are, but they aren't what I expected or perhaps, I misjudged what I wanted in the first place.

Dariog, Olthadir, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  7. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

From someone I know that does farm the Rise, it's about 500k XP per hour. He has over 800 points in 4 skill trees. Over 700 points in 2 skill trees. And one of his skill trees is over 900 points. He swears what he's doing is completely legit, which I am inclined to believe since Port didn't really change much to make doing what he does not possible in the Rise over this past release despite their knowledge of it.

Edit: In keeping with the topic, just tell your friend to give the game another try at a later date when the game is more fleshed out. There's no reason to completely give up on it during early access.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Leelu, 4EverLost and Fister Magee like this.
  8. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

There is a difference between exploiting, and playing the game well. I am not saying you don't know that, but it's something that has to be established.

Lord Barugon, Leelu and 4EverLost like this.
  9. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I am sorry your friend feels that way; I hope he returns to the game, as his passion and skill will be missed.

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Remember, the game is still in pre-release development.

Alpha/beta testing isn't for everyone looking for a finished game.

Its not surprising that some people would try a game in development and not find testing to be their cup of tea.

Leelu likes this.
  11. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Is that XP exploit true? I heard about it but the forum seems to have been scrubbed of any mention of it.

Ravicus Domdred and Leelu like this.
  12. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Don't take it badly but all your last threads and posts are about pvp complaints.. take it easy man, the game needs time and they already said, several times, pvp will get some love in the future.

If any player can't wait some months, stop playing, take some time and wait patiently.

Half of my guild mates already stopped playing (waiting for launch) and I'm not going to make a drama of this. This is something very usual and nothing bad about these kind of personal decisions.

Sorry about your guild mate, just hope he wasnt waiting to see an UO2 :D

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Always surprises me how many people play alphas and then are upset about whats missing so far.
    Alphas arnt ment to be played solely, try out the new stuff, then take a break as they continue to tweak.
    But its hard for people to do that, so .. Can i have his stuff?

in all seriousness though, yea loosen guildmates suck, sorry to hear.

14. jutman

jutman Avatar

Hate to hear him leaving. But he can probably sell off all his rewards to recoup some of his time and money :p
    Pixel crack!! Sometimes as addicting as real crack.

Abydos likes this.
  15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I guess I understand. If you look over the R35-R38 schedule, pvp is not even mentioned except working on a "town".

16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

some of us are not into it for the pixels, but for the gameplay, and for pvp its just not there.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

BTW I am sorry, You have tried very hard to bring PvP to the spotlight and bring people to the game. I really hate that someone left.

Audacity, Oba Evesor and Abydos like this.
  18. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Certainly a little dramatic.

Stop asking the devs to do something that the community can accomplish.

Or is the only acceptable pvp 'Impromptu'

Rada Torment and jammaplaya like this.
  19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

are you the gatekeeper? Quit attacking the person and discuss the argument. Get off your high horse.

Abydos likes this.
  20. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Organize it, instead of complaining...

Hardly attacking

For starters, since it's beta and low population, there should be an unofficial zone for pvp. This would concentrate things and perhaps more activity/fun

But mainly I was hinting at tourneys and the like

Rada Torment likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.