My New Player Requests and Feedback

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Kelanor, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

So I am an old ultima online vet. I played from 1999-2003. I like several of the concepts of this game but would like to see a few things improve that cause me headache and heartache.

- Poor optimization. (Cmon gimme more than 20fps please?) :)
    - I bought a dragon mask from the add on store and was told that other addon items can be merged with other gear to give them that appearance, but can't do that with my new mask? I wear heavy armor so this snazzy looking mask is causing me grief cause i have to replace my nice Plate Helm of Courage with this wet paper mache on my head.
    - Mouse Look woes! Any time i enter chat with mouse look turned on i have like 75% chance of my mouse getting locked, can't interact with any of the dialog options at all and the only thing i can do is back out, turn off mouse look, and go back into the dialog with npcs.
    - Please add two handed weapons to npcs! Pretty Please? :)
    - Add something to the tutorial explaining that you have to actually say "name" to an npc to actually reveal their name on your screen. (Or just get rid of it and show proper names from the get go. This caused me alot of headache and running around as a new player that i shouldn't have had to deal with because i didn't understand this concept yet and couldn't find the proper npcs i was searching for within my quests.)

Now that being said, as a returned Ultima Online player:

Thank you for several modernized concepts and added features. The reagent system is amazing, thank you for making low level spells free, and middle level spells only have small chance of using reagents. That was an amazing implementation!
    Thank you for not making use do corpse runs! Holy **** I can't thank you enough for that! Not having to worry about my valuable possessions dissolving into dust after a few minutes is a welcome relief.
    Thank you for allowing us to make use of the deck system in a hybrid way if we choose and allowing us to skip it entirely. Being able to use a fully static bar to start and then slowly work my way into the system by slowly hybrid'ing my hotbar over time is awesome. Not being forced into it entirely one way or another.

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome!

Thanks for coming over here, it takes the load off since Steam isn't very well watched by anyone but myself and a couple others. Also you've got a lot better chance of your feedback being seen here.

Since I already know what you're talking about from us conversing over on Steam, I'll clarify this point you made:

Meaning please make them for sale on NPC's.

And actually that's something I'll double check and /bug today. BTW, you can file bug reports by typing /bug in the chat window. It will open up the forums, then just pick the right area and start a new thread. Paste in the body, when you type /bug a template is copied to your clipboard. Fill that out and hit submit.

It sounds like your mouse look woes might need to be bugged as well.

Welcome again, and if you want, friend me in game, Vladamir Begemot.

Have fun!

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Kelanor to the game. I am so sorry you are having issues. Yes this game is graphic intensive and does require at least 12gb of ram at least but preferably 16 for most players. Some are able to work around it. Make sure you have tried turning down your video quality level to fastest under the options key. Imo the game is still beautiful with lower settings. I do now play on an SSD with 32gb of ram but I just upgraded my computer a year ago and I know everyone can't always do that. If you get it figured out please don't hesitate to ask questions anytime. I am Majoria in the game. I'm happy to help.

5. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

I have the game installed on my SSD right now, but i only have 8gb of ram. Never seemed to need more ram until recently. So i do have another 8gb stick of ram coming in mail. Will see if that helps. I'm using a geforce 1050, so i'm good in that department. But my processor is lacking, I only have an AMD FX 4300 for processor, which is sub par now. Hopefully the ram will let me put off the processor until after tax returns. xD

Vladamir Begemot and FrostII like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I think that 2nd 8gigs of ram will make a noticeable difference.... let us know.
    Oh, and welcome ! ;)

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  7. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

Is there any way to get dyed plate armor by chance? Would love blue plate armor with a horned helmet. The Hero from Dragon Warrior on the NES is my favorite character ever. xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.