Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My R18 Feedback. .

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by Jordizzle, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Just wanted to share my feedback for this release.

Combat: In my opinion, the additions made to the deck system are perfect. I've tested this in PVE and PVP and I have to say, I'm impressed. Combat is so much more fun now. Being able to assign glyphs to slots has made my deck much more predictable and I no longer have to stare at my hot bar during battle. I actually don't have to look at my hotbar . .like at all. Little glances here and there only. Creating combos, and stacking glyphs using the "R" key is very easy now and becoming second nature. The random card dealing is still there which I like, but I know what's going to pop up where so . . Great Job!!

The new sounds are better! While still placeholder, they are a step in the right direction!

SKY: I really like the new additions in the sky, while I think they can be made to look a little bit more believable graphically and some of the bodies rotate a little too quickly imo. .it is overall very nice and I welcome the extra content it will be connected to in the future! Good Job!

Looting: Being able to double click items to loot them is a great addition, especially since I use the UO style inventory. Thanks for this!

Scenes: The scenes I have visited are looking great and everything is looking beautiful. I really like the changes to the Solace Bridge as well. Vengeance is a really cool place and I think it looks awesome for a desert biome player owned town.

Armor: I'm starting to sound like a broken record here. .but I love the changes! A+

Crafting: I haven't done any of it this release! Although I have mined and I enjoy the changes made here as well. . I would like to see that Meticulous Collection working again though.

Mobs: I like that the weaker skeletons die on the first defeat now! Thanks for that! I would like to see things that don't have any loot but are hard to kill addressed next release. Ie. Obsidian Golems.

Overworld Map: Not much to say here, things are looking good, travel speed is decent enough. Can't wait for the roving encounters. Overall, I'm happy with the way it's shaping up.

#Edit 1- As I just agreed on another post, I think the real world time and in game time should be increased, 1 hour for a full day cycle feels a bit too fast atm.

I can't think of anything else to give feedback on right now. . as I play more I may come back in and edit some more feedback in but overall. .I'm impressed and I think these changes in R18 specifically the combat changes are going to make this game better in the long run. A++ Devs!

Leostemplar, Cagestorm and Scrambler like this.
  2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Like the feedback - Just one note - Meticulous collection is working for me this release (at least it was yesterday).

I like the 1 hour full day cycle simply because I wouldn't want night to last longer than it currently does ;)

Jordizzle likes this.
  3. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Ahh yes I probably should update this because I did finally get a meticulous last night, i guess it's just more of a rarer occurrence now.
    Cheers!

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I kind of don't like how they're making bags pointless. So double-clicking is easy looting, but everything gets dumped in the list of items in your backpack. Then, if you want to use bags, you have to sort everything out after the fact. The UO style inventory becomes cluttered and feels unusable.

I still wish there were some interface where you could keep some individual bags on your screen at all times, and then drag to them. In early releases, below your paperdoll, there used to be a row of free slots where you could place bags and other items.

5. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Yeah if you don't use list view you get to organize your bag the way you want it. That's why I like the bag inventory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.