Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Name Entry For Rewards - not visible enough (Bugs & feedback)

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Spoon, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Berek
    @Lexie

Finding the entry is almost hidden. The font is too small and does not differ from other rewards in the list enough. Where the others are set but this one requires interaction. Several players eligible have missed it and they were actively looking for it. Also there is no divider line between this entry and the one below - like with the other rewards.
    Proposed Fix:
    A) Make font 3 sizes bigger than other rewards and bold.
    B) Color the text in a different color - like orange.
    C) Make the link be the whole entry and not just the last bit.
    D) Add the divider as in the other entries.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the pic above. The text says "Your entry will be used for all of the rewards where applicable." This is either too much or too little info.
    Too much in that it sounds like one singular entry would be applied in multiple locations, where the UI is clearly one entry per location.
    Too little in that it doesn't say that IF you Submit you are submitting for ALL OF the entries. That is a MAJOR issue since the UI looks like I can enter them separately but really I need to enter them all in the same go or face the service charge.

Proposed fix:
    A) Remove the text "Your entry will be used for all of the rewards where applicable." replace with "NOTE: when pressing Submit Name all your submission will be used where applicable, so make sure before submitting that you have filled in all fields that you want to fill in."

This text "Entry of text here does not represent receiving any rewards, only information to be used if your account has the reward." is unclear and could be interpreted in several different ways. I'm guessing the intent is to clue us in that there are fields we can fill in even if we are not eligible for the reward? If so make that passage much clearer.
    Proposed Fix:
    IF my guess is correct then: "Fill only in fields to rewards your are eligible for. Filling in fields you are not eligible for will not grant you that reward."

In the "I agree that the name(s)..." check, the link is a hard link to a post in the forums where the user would have to wade through huge amount of info before reaching the relevant part. Since that forum link has changed at least two times under FireLotus and once under Berek I think it is safe to assume that the link will change again sometime.
    Proposed fix:
    A)
    Get a soft controlled redirecting link that you control. Like:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/community_rules
    Which the redirect to whichever hard link you need.
    B)
    Divide the rules up in sections so you can link directly to a specific ones, kinda like you do with the FAQ

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_16
    So that you can direct a soft link to:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/community_rules#names

Text says "I understand that once this form is submitted, you must purchase a Name Entry for Rewards Form Unlock voucher and email support@portalarium.com to authorize another submission entry on the form." But there is no such thing in the store if you follow the link. Also the sentence structure seems to imply that 'you must' even if you haven't locked yet, this since the use of 'must' implies imperative so shouldn't be used in AND/OR/IF situations.
    Proposed Fix:
    A) How about:
    "I understand that once this form is submitted this form is locked. Where the only way to unlock it is to purchase a Service Voucher and email support@portalarium.com to authorize an unlock so that you can make another submission of the form."
    B) the above presuppose that you will not create a new type of voucher specifically for this purpose.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I didn't even know that was there. Thanks, spoon.

Sara Dreygon and Spoon like this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Hence the report, hehe.
    No worries and glad to be of service, also it is new for this week so very recently added.

Sara Dreygon and Bubonic like this.
  4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

So what's the difference between the buttons at the bottom, can I save names of my choice (using the "Update Names Without Submission" button) but not officially submit until I hit the "Submit Names" button? Meaning I do not need to pay for a name change (if wanted) UNTIL AFTER I hit the "Submit Name" button? Why have the "Update Names Without Submission" in the first place?

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Its just a 'Save'.

You can use the Update Names Without Submission if you want to save your progress without locking.
    For instance to test the name input box, like if it allows space, apostrophes, non-Latin characters like Unicode, etc etc.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Fister Magee likes this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Bump.

These bugs and issues remain in the web form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.