NB Astronomy 101 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm just you were finally able to come. :) You kept saying you wanted but I never saw you on Friday evenings.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I agree so much... Our Bowen has done so much for our game in so many ways...
    ~Time Lord~
    :rolleyes:

Acred likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You don't know the half of it. ;) Bwuahahahahahahahahhaaaaa!

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  4. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Another fascinating thread... great work!

A few more esoteric items to consider... on the one hand I doubt these are part of gameplay, but on the other... who knows?

1. Precession. The "beginning" of the zodiac actually drifts and changes over the ages, thus changing the flavor of the epoch.

2. Retrogrades. This is an illusion created by the relative motion of celestial bodies in their paths.

3. Inner vs outer planets. Mercury is never more than 30 degrees from the sun, and Venus not more than 60 degrees because they are closer to the sun than earth. This also results in the star-shaped path that Venus takes that @Time Lord mentioned. It also increases the frequency of conjunctions, etc which makes them less meaningful in a way.

4. The 13th Constellation.. Ophiuchus also a representation of Imhotep or Asklepius. The Wounded Healer that is pierced by Draco. A whole bunch of hidden occult lore around this.

5. Since the "Milky Way" is featured... according to Inca lore they actually gave names and meaning the dark spaces within the MW.

6. The angle between the Galactic Plane (the MW) and the Planetary Plane (the Ecliptic) also changs over very loong periods of time.... millions of years... but actually could be connected to cycles of mass extinction, cataclysmic type events.

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Our planets are the messiah of original pvp, crafting, adventuring and the savior of our game's uniqueness with every connection our game can make to our planets!
    "Go Team Bloodgood!"
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.