NB Astronomy 301 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Dec 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

@Chris @DarkStarr @RichardGarriott

Finally able to hear the answer to my astronomy question.. there are 2 things I feel I need to point out. First thing Richard didn't seem to understand the question. First, the question (basically for current thinking about possible changes) was in the context of a geocentric system. The stuff I've been working on simulating are geocentric and (as far as i know) accounting for the design goals. All of my suggested changes (except this last video) is just a matter of adjusting numbers.

I find the statement that the system is as intended to be disappionting after having outlined several issues with the current sky. Such as major alignments being unobservable.. either blocked by Daedelus or obscured by the sun in most cases. Most events will be hard to predict without tools.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Alright! As of starting work on the new 401 thread.. I find I basically need to pitch all my simulations. The orbits all need adjusting and this after only making 2 observations.

1. And I cant' believe I overlooked this.. Purple is offset from the other orbits by 12 hours. As such it cannot participate in any major alignments.
    2. Orange & Red never align together at true north. They only align in other parts of the sky.. so one or both have to be adjusted. Which is something I'll have to figure out later.

Note: It will be a couple hours before I can really verify when Red hits true north..

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.