Necromancer stuff

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Lady Zita, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

pssst: IMO means "in my opinion" btw ;)

2. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

OK, now you've really lost me. When did a sad mental illness that affects someone's sexual function come to have any bearing WHATSOEVER on how a fictitious system of magick will work in a video game? Or are you just trying to troll the thread now?

KuBaTRiZeS and Sir Asguard like this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I believe that there is room for all sorts of necromancers. There can be ones that use it for finding cures and trying to better the world. I believe that there are those that want to dabble in it to find the mysteries of life. I also believe that there are those that would bind and enslave undead to do their bidding, to use as either good or evil. I am just glad they have this option for us! :)

I also believe that the cloth items from liches and skeletal mages should be lootable so we can look the part hehe :cool:

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Interesting. This kinda sounds like it could be a bone conjurer sort of character too. But from a necromancer perspective, what I take you to be saying is that the character has a real love or affinity for skeletons and zombies. If so, then it is the act of putting together and patching up these undead as an act of kindness and goodness towards them that the character feels is the objective of his goodness. This is one of those mind twisting alignment things that reminds us that goodness or evil is not just in the eye of an external beholder, but in understanding the real motivation of why one does an act.

5. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Binding bones and tying sinewssss...... The ophidians would be proud of us!

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  6. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

No, I was making a comparison. Are you finished with your antinimous platitudes yet sir?

7. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

I don't understand how it is so hard to understand that people want to play there own way and if good necromancer is the way they want to play who the hell cares. I mean seriously there is obviously a market for it because the Necromancer in Diablo 2 was the most popular character type (to the point every time Blizzard ask what character types to introduce people SCREAM for the necromancer to come back). Diablo is a perfect example, the character description was that they were true neutral but lets be honest, that character was really good alignment

in terms of game play who is really more evil? someone who raises the dead or someone who burns people alive? hell even the Geneva convention limits the use of fire and bans the use of gas and poison. Does that mean that anyone who takes the "stinking cloud" spell in a game should be declared "evil" automatically?

KuBaTRiZeS, mikeaw1101 and mbomber like this.
  8. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

I'm a funeral director (i prefer undertaker) in real life that mostly just embalms that last few years. I always play necromancer type of characters. There is nothing evil about them. What you do with the power is different, you can act for the good or behave in an evil manner. It would be nice if they would let us build some type of Golem out of dead monster parts.

Isaiah [MGT] and Spoon like this.
  9. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

This entire forum is based on irrational arguments! Just having fun!

10. Numa

Numa Avatar

I'd just like to point out that the motivations of a character who goes deep into the Life tree is very different from one who goes deep into Death magic. People who want to help other people usually have a heavy investment in the healing magics. People who want mastery over death go into necromancy. It's an altruistic motivation vs a desire for power (at any cost). That's why there are many more evil necromancers than evil healers. And if the master of the Necropolis is anything like Sauron then using death magic is like tapping into a pool of power whose biggest client is an evil sob who doesn't want to share. The best scenario is ending up like that half-wraith ,half-human cursed ranger in the Shadow of Mordor game - and that's assuming you're very lucky not to end up as Sauron's pinkie (aka Nazghul). Freedom is a very scarce commodity in the dark side - all power and domination games remember?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.