1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Needs More Info] Constant Stuttering and game crashs with good gaming rig

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Metal_warrior064, Feb 4, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Metal_warrior064

Metal_warrior064 Avatar

02/04/2023 17:45
    Title: Stuttering. Game crashes often
    Reproduction Rate: every game session
    Blocker? Paid Mcafee total protection with everything unlocked for game and unity.
    Details: The main issue i have is that the game stutters for a second making the experience very annoying. I have checked with AMD adrenaline software and its the only game i have that has bad performance. i Played Resident evil 2 (remake) with full graphics and no stuttering, crashes or lag. I Put the game to fastest in the game settings, and even then the game is near unplayable. It was not like that when i started playing a month ago. I dont know if this could be relevant, but it seems to have started when i purchased episode 2.

Steps to Reproduce: Play, mnove

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32689
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT GPU RAM: 16338
    SotA.Win.64.1630.Date.02.01.23
    Area: Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMines
    Area Display Name: Serpent's Spine Mines
    Loc: (102.0, -43.0, 24.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfSGlsbHMwMV9TZXJwZW50c1NwaW5lTWluZXN8fCgxMDEuOTcsIC00My4wMzUsIDI0Ljc2Nil8KDAsIC0wLjU2MywgMCwgMC44MjYpfDQ0NS42NDk1fDI5LjQyNjA0fDQuMTM0MjE4

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Make sure you do not have "Peripheral Lighting" enabled in Video Options. Also, try changing from/to Windowed mode or Full Screen - see if that makes a difference. Also, are you using an SSD? This game nearly requires one.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  3. Metal_warrior064

Metal_warrior064 Avatar

I put the game on fastest setting, Peripheral lighting is off, Fullscreen mode, and i have a high-performance SSD where the game is installed.

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Do you have the Windows indexing service enabled?
    It indexes all files in your system so that when you one day search for something it will be found faster - but until then it occasisionally causes lags. Disabling it means a bit more more CPU for the game with slightly longer times if you then actually use the windows search function.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/8e8829d3-cad1-46d7-a523-2cc9d6ed646a

5. Metal_warrior064

Metal_warrior064 Avatar

I turned it off. nothing changed. There is no difference either if i put graphics ot minimum or maximum. My gaming card overlay says i dont go above 50% of my GPU, every metric shows card is not working hard. It is the only game I get stuttering. I play Resident Evil 2 and other games and have 80% usage and don't have lag or stuttering. i have been trying for days to fix this in so many ways but nothing seems to work. freed up my SSD and did a defrag and optimisation. i run windows 11. what is weird is that i didnt get this before. i might be wrong, but it seemed to start a little bit after i purchased episode 2 but i aint 100% sure. I get 100+ FPS but still sutter.

6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

If you run Windows 11 then why does your bug report say that you use Windows 10? Upgraded lateley?

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

because unity 2018 is generating the bug output and can't perceive windows 11.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  8. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

The same issue has been reported since 2019; RTX cards are significantly affected, and Intel CPU may be part of the issue too. People started updating to fancy new Nvidia cards and Intel CPUs 2080+, 3080+, and now 4090+, and performance is awful on these high-end rigs. We all are waiting for it to improve, log in once a month, see it's the same, and go back to playing things that aren't worse than before we upgraded. Some of us own POTS, have significant investments in the game, and would come back if performance improved. Just my 2 cents. For now, this is a pay your taxes once every few months game. In his case, the high-end AMD CPUs and Graphics cards are now starting to be affected. Something needs to be done.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

My understanding is this will hopefully be addressed/fixed when the game is moved to the Unity 2021 build. This move is still in progress and has not happened yet. I would keep an eye out for an eventual Release Notes update that mentions this.

ConjurerDragon likes this.