Nerf to Evasion / Glancing Blows / Fortify Defense

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Cryodacry, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diminio

Diminio Avatar

I wear chain/plate for set piece, can still dash (not sprint that was my bad) through using the way I described.

The stealth is needed otherwise the doors shut pretty much as you enter;)

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ah well.. as a non-magic user.. still screwed. :)

3. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

As Predicted....

@Chris there is a 5th Avoidance skill called Evasion in light armor tree. Make sure that is included in the bunch. Also the move with Shield of ice is good but also bad. I am behind the having only 2 active. I also would say you need to revamp Shield of Ice. There is no question that everyone will be using Crystal Shield now because there is no point with Shield of Ice. Instead of only allowing 2 i think you would have been better off slashing the values all in half. Also making "Dig In" not stack is a bad move as it already had limited function. It was designed as a group buff to your allies as a shield user. Maybe make it a HP buff instead or something else ? The easier solution is just reduce the amount of damage that Glancing blows mitigates and you now have a much better system.

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  4. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I think @Sara Dreygon has it pegged. Looking forward to the defensive stance change. Cloth and leather shouldn't be impenetrable.

Hornpipe and Sara Dreygon like this.
  5. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Dunno but bone still looks better than plate. Being able to have dodge up with avoidance buffs still makes bone better than plate.

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Unfortunately you are wrong in this. He actually is pretty much one of the 5 masters of min/max in the game and really does know what hes talking about since he has probably over 100 GM's and has been able to use every skill in the game.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

This is again a disappointing change. Once again my plea to them to make sure they do something to alter something else for balance has been ignored (or he just didn't say what he has done to balance the negatives of this). Par for course man... par for course.

I already have enough trouble taking on multiple mobs at adv lvl 97 with full chain... now its just not going to be fun.

8. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

You know i am not going to get into this... I feel like it's be argued quite well across the thread. @Chris Obviously dis-agree's with your point of view about avoidance. I can tell you that i'll still be able to Solo Dragon's after the change. Imho the Change has not gone far enough. I am not trying to attack you on this next statement. It feels like you have your own personal interests at heart instead of the health of the game. It sounds like you believe that there should not be limitations on what a single avatar should be able to do. It also sounds like you feel that a avatar should be able to kill everything in the game. No matter how high of a level it might be. If so those are all valid desires for you to have. I would only recommend that you remain open to the developers intent. If you feel like you know more about this than @Chris ... Call him out on it. He does read these threads. That would be far more constructive then attacking/undermining other players with the proverbial "You should listen to this guy cause he's awesome."

I am still going to stand on this one fact.... Until anyone can argue that having almost 90% of your mitigation based on one stat is healthy for the game, we must accept this.

(Edit)

Also if you want a single avatar to be able to kill everything in the game. Please play in Offline only. The Dev's have made it very clear that in Offline only the HP and Damage of NPC's will be adjusted to be manageable by a single player. (this implies the vise versa for Online Play) With that understanding you could then say that the Dev's do not intend everything to be kill-able a single avatar in Online play.

Hornpipe likes this.
  9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im not sure anyone would disagree. I've fought the "I can solo a 20K hp mob by myself" thing for a year now and I take a lot of heat from the game elitists for doing so. Peoples ability to chain kill boss mobs has existed forever and never been fixed so we might as well assume at this point that this is what they plan (even though they have said in telethons that its not the plan). The only other two rational reasons is that either the mathematical structure and design of the game is so flawed that they cant fix it or they purposely want it to happen for testing. I've given them a lot of leeway on that for a long period of time and maybe now it may be the fact of the issue. If it is for testing, what a horrible way to unbalance the game after performance. This has been a HUGE leak on the economy (defined as the rich getting richer as they can farm the rare drops on these mobs and sell them for vast amounts of gold on vendors).

LiquidBlaze likes this.
  10. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

I cannot agree with this more. These things have always seemed very backwards to me. I hope @Chris is indeed reading this thread.

In my (feeble) mind, A player would need light, flexible armor to avoid damage. High dexterity would help these "avoidance" skills. A player wearing cloth or leather armor should not be able to stand and fight, soaking up incoming damage.

While Adventurers wearing Chain and Plate armor can take more of a beating, and resist the incoming damage. This "damage resistance" would be bettered by a higher strength stat. The stronger you are, the better you handle plate armor.

But apparently, it's the other way around?? No wonder I'm confused. :confused:

11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I would like to think I'm not wasting my time going the light armor route, but I'm starting to wonder.

12. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

*grumbles while taking evasion out of his decks*

13. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Light armor still has dodge, which honestly is the strongest mitigation type in the game (spells and physical can be dodged and when you do dodge an attack you take zero damage), you just can't stack the **** out of it like the avoidance skills.

Hornpipe and Skyo like this.
  14. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Actually I don't mind at all port's balancing and tuning. I just like to grumble.
    *grumbles underneath his breath*

firesparx and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Bone armor is supposed to be powerful because it's very expensive to make. I don't know why this is hard to understand.

16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

this is the only part of this post I want to address - this can NOT happen in any skill - Especially since you now have this ability to Lock and charge any skill.

They really need to take a look at how skills / spells are made and designed - if you train a skill to 80 to be able to take advantage to 5 stacking then you HAVE to leave that ability and actually make it worth something OR remove it from that skill / spell all together, then and as a result need to remove it from the game since you are basically destroying how the training and combat system has been from the beginning.

If you are going to go in such a drastic measure as to change 5 sacking - then do away with the reticle system and might as well just start over completely.

17. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I think @Chris knows this and has said on telethon that this will be addressed. It's hard when you have a talented guy like this on the squad as he wears multiple hats.

Trihugger likes this.
  18. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Welp they are all in there now..... Now it's going to get interesting. I hope @Chris does something for the block formula to make it not worthless in end game content.

19. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

You and I both know that there is armor much more extensive to make than bone armor and it's no where near the usefulness.

20. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I think the unique items needed to make bone armor are pretty easy for the current high level population of players. When the population of players is larger and the average player level is lower, there will be demand for those items and they will be more expensive. Light armor masterworking allows the addition of damage avoid. Im estimating I could add +5-7 DA to light armor. My DA with light armor and a shield is 15%. What's the max you can get with bone armor? 22-25%? That doesnt seem overpowered to me. I could be wrong but I'm just sayin.
    Edit: I feel so good about the DA of my current armor, I don't feel the need to even make bone armor... which I could.

Numa and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.