Nerf to Evasion / Glancing Blows / Fortify Defense

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Cryodacry, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Doesn't change the fact of Bone having the same DA as plate being overpowered. I am pretty sure bone will get it's own unique nerf very soon. Either way the current armor system is flawed. There are a lot of people telling @Chris this.

2. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

What i like about it is that it perhaps forces people to team up... in a multiplayer game. oh dear i said it.

:p

Rennik, Gorthyn and Cryodacry like this.
  3. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Bosses should be group content. There is plenty of content that does not require a group at end game. People saying they can't handle more than 2 mobs in end game content are asking to be a one man army. If you want to be a single avatar killing everything in the world. I would suggest playing offline mode where everything will be geared towards that experience. Bringing people together to play is a good thing.

4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Perhaps it is a good thing, perhaps not. Either way, judging all of us who like to play solo as not contributing to a good thing is perhaps unfair. Being a solo player, taking on a boss is a huge challenge. If the boss is designed for group play, then all the better for us. I hope the balance equation regarding nerfs is not centered on group play support with no consideration for solo play. The choice of solo vs group is a personal one depending on how much challenge that person wants, how the person's time window to play fits with others, whether the person wants to join third party programs which support group play with a terms of service that destroys personal privacy and more... I enjoy improving my chances with stacking and powering up. Will be sad to see it nerfed, but such is life. Us solo players can deal with it and really hope both the solo player and the group player benefit equally. I realize I am speaking as if I represent the group of solo players and for sure I don't, apologizes to other solo players with different takes on this.

discipleofweb likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Wha whAAA - strop calling balancing a nerf - something way out of whack fixed is not a nerf it is a F I X.

To many people bash me for "bashing" the game, but the same ones come out with "they are nerfing my template" ((not directing this at anyone specific here, just in general)

As clearly stated U N D E R C O N S T R U C T I O N so nothing is a nerf . . . . .

After the actually Finish the game then you can use the word nerf, BUT if you think the "release" is a finish, keep dreaming. It will take at least 2 years for them to fix / balance all the inadequacies there are now.

6. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

@Weins201 God i love your posts from time to time.... you made me chuckle even back in R21 about this stuff lol. Couldn't agree more though people generally would not associate this as a fix in their mind. Many have spent a ridicules amount of time trying to achieve 100% avoidance.

7. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

there should be group content i agree, i loved grouping with guildies and doing control points until people whined about them being endless exp and they were shut down

8. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Enter Avoidance "adjustment" 2.0

9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I discovered that glancing blows were dealing a little less than half the damage they should have doing.

^ that will be a game changer

Numa and Lord Halvard Fimbultyr like this.
  10. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Yea i see this completely changing high end hunting. I think my shield will get a lot more use now..... Dragons on the other hand will be something completely different.

Numa and Lord Halvard Fimbultyr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.