New Chr's & Skill Building

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Time Lord, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:rolleyes: I never thought of that about finding Suet & Carapace... "I'll be sure and watch to see if that is the case"... it could be and if it isn't "it should be a part of it".

~Current Plan~
    I've left it off and locked this time around and the only thing I notice so far, is that dead rabbits from other things eating them don't sparkle.
    I've also left off "Train Intelligence"(Zero, because I want to see a need for it before I raise it) and only allowing my (Focus) "Heightened Awareness" to rise when it becomes a problem running out (currently locked at 10).

Right now I'm trying to make every kill count...
    Early experience skill pool points seem to be important how they are used. They can become eaten up quickly by other skills that only provide Gold$.
    "Gold will always come, so I'm waiting on those skills until later"
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:~Gaming the System~
    These are a few insightful worthwhile quotes I brought over from another thread about "gaming the system"...
    One thing about the many of things we hear about in our forums can turn out to be very untrue, or influenced by individual opinion, but I'm hoping that this opinion grows legs for our game's future ;)

:oops:~Player Game Experiences~
    I created this thread as a way to help new players better understand a way to achieve their skill building goals. The subject of "Gaming the System" will always lead to a better understanding of our game's future, a future that I hope will have far less "Skill Tech Talk" to bring to us a far better reality within our game, yet also inform the reader as to "what there is now", to better meet their individual goals.

It's our opinions playing and reporting our game experiences that will greatly aide the creators understanding of what they have achieved for we player experience within our game.
    But until "gaming the system" ever goes away, we also need to study what our current system is and how best to deal with it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Moonshadow likes this.
  3. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

Great post!

I should try exploring magic more. Every relesae I've just tried more and more melee builds (archer/armsman/swordsman/axe weilder/polearms).

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I want to try one of the electric builds... maybe a pole arm with that.
    This is my 3rd start-up chr and I'm really tired of fighting the same things again and again, but it's the only way to understand new chr building.
    I sure don't want to change chrs after launch... arrrg!... :confused:

The only thing I have against mage builds, is the dependence on regs which makes me feel like a reg junkie looking for a fix :( LoL
    ~Time Lord~:p

LordBlackthorne likes this.
  5. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

Welcome to early UO. Carry that backpack full of reagents with pride!

6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Investigating a BART~

BART Thread;
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/sota-basic-training-programs.49024/

~Considering the Results~
    Results are what matters and I'm not sure how these would stack up against other ways of combat readiness for swift results, so here's one character's results after...umm... maybe 112 hours of play (a very unknown approximate of 2 weeks of my play. Many times, I'm not doing anything at all while my chr is logged in)... but here it is;

Bladed Combat 99
    Blade Speed 66
    Vital Points 79
    Blade Mastery 57

Thrust 72
    Double Slash 20
    Riposte 70
    Rend 71
    Whirling Blades 62

Swiftness 76
    Acrobatics 90

Dodge 47
    Evasion 60
    Flurry 64

Healthy 65
    Train Strength 49
    Offhand Defense 58
    Offhand Power 57

Offhand Attack 72
    Train Dexterity 55
    Armor Weak Points 65

Miscellaneous Low Kept Skills
    Safe Fall 31
    Swiftness 6
    Distract 10
    Heavy Lifter 1
    Armor Preservation 10
    Weapons Preservation 10
    Heightened Awareness 1
    Light 10
    Healing Touch 5

As one can see, this chr has no healing ability which was something unique this ~Time~ around...
    Outside of that training trail mentioned, there wasn't much deviation other than gaining some Safe Fall. It was all directed at concentrated on building innate. The gains within the active blade combat skills came as the chr entered Deep Ravenswood as a necessity in that area, yet raised quite quickly once unlocked.

Compared to previous post;

The previous post chr took about 2X as much time to reach the same level of ability to kill a Patriarch Bear which was the limits of the test.
    The first (of about 6 later test chrs during the past 2 releases) seems to have comparable active weapons skills, yet this most recent chr seems to have a much more robust innate skills.

Comparable skill points looks like this;
    The 1st test chr = total 1849 skill points
    The latest test chr = total 1438 skill points

Without crafting and gathering skills they compare #1st chr at 1516 vs #latest chr at 1438 ... yet the current chr seems to me as playing much more effectively on killing things, yet with lesser combat points in total with much less invested time involved in chr development...

I'm still skimming through the data and wondering of an even different path or changes I may make of all this... but it's here for anyone's consideration.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Spoon and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.