Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New combat mode

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Jordizzle, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

List of issues noticed:
    1. Melee weapons only hitting single targets despite weapon used
    2. Impossible to range attack targets behind melee targets that keep getting in the way - along with other accidental target changing as targets move around, many deer and horse were harmed in the testing of this release.
    3. Charging weapon attacks has a substantial delay after some abilities and often I have to release and re-press attack for it to start charging
    4. Have to tab to interactive mode to cast any ability or spell that requires targeting the ground

Suggestions:
    1. Well this ones obviously a bug.
    2. Give us some way to select and lock targets like with old system. Plus it's annoying not being able to select targets and have a health bar for them even when just hanging out in town I'm annoyed by this.
    3. This seems like a bug or some fine tuning that just needs done
    4. Anything that pulls up a targeting cursor should automatically use interactive modes cursor style without having to switch to interactive mode.
    * Just let us choose to new or old system. For a few play styles I see the benefit of the new system but at a severe handicap to others along with annoying frustrations.

Calusari and Guthwulf Bloodaxe like this.
  2. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

I still say abandon this method and abandon Tab targeting and use the old Uo click and drag the target bar out, but if this is the mode thats being used then it needs a lot of work and fixing.

As many others say you need to be able to lock a target so id suggest simply having a hotkey (middle mouse/tab by default and shift current tab control to ctrl) that when pressed locks the current target aslong as certain conditions arent broken ie you dont go out of Fov (say 120-140 degrees) for 5-8 seconds OR you dont go too far away. Likewise a secondary press will unlock the target.

Secondly make a hotkey so we can turn on and off the crosshair and most importantly an option in the menu so the crosshair is turned off when not in combat and in interactive mode.

The third issue is the healing. Make it so that when you press F1-F8 it works as it did before and heals are not direct targeted, likeise buffs. Infact even have click targeting of non party members for buffs and heals. This would be a much better solution Imo than going down the aoe heal route as thats rather dull and doesnt in my opinion make for a fun healing mechanic.

Lastly when not in combat and in interactive mode can we have click targeting back, it makes life so much simpler for emotes etc.

3. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

The charge attack issue I was complaining about is fixed! Thank you team SOTA!

Fister Magee likes this.
  4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I'm even good with locking on to an enemy taking my camera control, but something needs done about just how UNNATURAL the camera targeting is. if it was first person it would be fine, but the combo of Doom targeting and third person is just funky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.