Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Masterworks, in particular the +30 Focus Regeneration Hood, imbalance report

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by parallelogram, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

Greetings all.

If anyone has been able to try the new masterwork skills you will have possibly heard of this +30 focus regeneration hood. This is +30 Focus regen per second in combat mode. If you stand still a few seconds as if you are attempting to achieve a stillness bonus, in passive stance you can go from 0-100% mana in a couple of seconds, meaning infinite mana. Combine infinite mana with skills like Shield of Air and the only way to die in combat is to not pay attention. You want to get 0-100% mana in faster than a few seconds? Stack chaotic feedback, passive stance, etc.

A possible solution would be to remove in combat mana regeneration or significantly change the dynamics of in combat mana regeneration. Standing still while you are being violently nuked by spells with shield of air up means that you are pretty much invulnerable vs both mobs and players if you have the right build.

Another solution would be to remove the item from the game, delay the item, or significantly nerf the item. Let's say +5 focus regen per second, OUT OF COMBAT or something less insane.

Any feedback, concerns or comments are greatly appreciated. Lots of end game players can see absolute invulnerability with items like these, such as myself.

We were all just starting to tell new players that you did not have to play an Archer/Air mage to get by in the game, I was having fun playing sun/fire/pole arms but with items like these then it makes no sense to not just go straight for combat invulnerability.

2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Since you get +1 health regen from 2 different food items (total +2) perhaps the 0 in 30 was an error?

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

We had seen +60% crit chance or +500% range increase in the past being "readjusted" soon after. I'm sure +30 focus regen will be adjusted if it really means you get +30 focus per second.

parallelogram and Jackdepirate like this.
  4. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

Plus the fact you get this regeneration IN combat.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  5. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

I agree that it needs a nerf, we've had fights last 20+ minutes, which is fun and all don't get me wrong, but the applications to PvE with that one single item would just be insane with the right build. We've created a couple builds where we're virtually unkillable. He's definitely right about the only way you die with that item is if you're not fully paying attention. It's very easy to come back from next to zero health and zero focus surprisingly fast.

My suggestion is to nerf it greatly, or change the way it regens.
    Kill the 30 per second out of combat regen so people stop standing still while getting nuked to regen, and maybe change it to +5 focus per second only while in combat, so if a player does choose to stand still and get nuked, they won't receive out of combat focus regen from that item.

The focus regen stacks you can obtain are insane. 30 from the helmet, 15 or so from just standing still out of combat, and then passive stance on top of it. So cap it out somewhere around 80ish? maybe 90-95 if somebody really pushed certain skills up and stacked. Now if you have chaotic feedback enabled, or a torpid torment effect on you, that focus regen is ALSO converted to health regen as well. So you can potentially regen 80-95 focus AND health per second before you even have heal over time effects like healing grace or soothing rain. With all the HoTs up, you're looking at 150-200 health per second and roughly half of that in focus regen.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry but until a pic of this item even shows all it is a rumor but even if proven to exist clearly an error and if not reported but its creator then they need to be dealt with.

7. agra

agra Avatar

For me and mine, as of build 442 & 444, focus regen rates are the same in or out of combat, and passive stance is not adding what it claims, by the tooltip & stopwatch.

Just wanted to add some caution the cries for "nerf passive stance" given it's not working properly at the moment. Or if it is working properly, there's no correlation between what's on the tooltip and what happens in-game.

As far as the helmet goes, if it really is adding 30 per second, it would be great to see a video of that, if someone has the item.

parallelogram and FrostII like this.
  8. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

It's a new masterwork option available to cloth and leather helms that we've seen so far. Its not exactly a common masterwork but it does happen. There's at least 5 people using the hoods right now.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I will test it out but again if out there and not being reported by the individual who made them then they are as wrong as any other abuser.

As of bow it is all hearsay since not one pick has been posted nor has there been a bug report.

10. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

That's what this thread is intended for Weins. This hasn't exactly been around for a while, so we weren't yet sure if it was intended or what, thus the suggested nerf/fix.

http://imgur.com/D4JTBuY
    Sorry I don't know how to directly post an image right now :s but that's the link to the screenshot of the cloth helm regen.

parallelogram likes this.
  11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I got one :D It should probably be nerfed.

parallelogram and Jackdepirate like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I agree that the focus regeneration probably shouldn't be that high. However, look at that hit to dexterity! Oops! :eek:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    parallelogram likes this.
  13. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

@Weins201 It would seem to me that it is NOT a bug. A bug is when something does not work as intended by the development team. This, on the other hand, is FEEDBACK. ie. The devs made something that works, but perhaps wasn't completely thought out. To call out a crafter for making an item precisely as the game intends is out of order. The fact that these players who have the crafted item and find it to give an unfair advantage are reporting it in this forum indicates they should be applauded, not scorned.

14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I think you are seeing Durability, not dexterity taking that huge hit :)

parallelogram and Oba Evesor like this.
  15. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

I have an idea!

Let's tag @Chris in this thread, as he's the "combat balance" guy...
    We can also tag @GingerLoaf and @Bzus as they're the crafting/masterwork guys...

and see about expediting a fix rather than a complaint! :D

16. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Or tag @Attenwood to kick some danged doors down!

Aimend, Daxxe Diggler, Albus and 15 others like this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Attenwood has it now -

as it should have been handled from the beginning - +30 on a property should have been bugged as it clearly is out of balance - just like the +500% range - clearly a bug.

I am done here - and will post a bug report when I make some.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  18. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Some of the very unbalanced combat states that could be achieved when working in conjunction with the +30 Focus Regen stat have been observed. Our team will review and adjust for R32. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, you're right. Should've had my glasses on. :oops:

parallelogram and Fister Magee like this.
  20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Those helms are made by me, it requires a 50+ in cloth masterworking, and its still only a chance to get it. I agree, it is INSANE the regen rate on that helm, can tank 3 900+ hp archers smoking me with my death shield and shield of ice up in passive stance getting 52 per second hp and focus with chaotic running. I think 10 would be an ok number. Remember now, all the weapons have buffs now too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.