New Player Here

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by avguste, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avguste

avguste Avatar

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The best we can get is the leaderboards, accessible in the window selector (top right of your screen) and look at the daily/weekly leaderboards. If I'm not mistaken some people have opted out of it, so you won see entirely everyone, but there should be a good portion

3. avguste

avguste Avatar

Cool. And how does one opt in for the daily/weekly leaderboards? for PVP, duels or can I attack any player at anytime?

4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

You can utilize a lot of different metrics insofar as I'm aware. I don't participate myself, but I knew a guy who was #1 for killing mobs in Mysterious Swamp, and everyone could see that. It's a very nifty tool.

5. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Welcome.

Yes, Steam Charts are dead-on accurate but not the whole picture. Since there is a separate (torrent-based) launcher for Shroud of the Avatar many play through that. There is another resource for population here: https://shroudoftheavatar.net/how-many-people-play-shroud-of-the-avatar (this site is also gonna be your go-to for price-checks on stuff)

I would not put much stock in their "estimated" number, however as it shows no proof of hypothesis.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. avguste

avguste Avatar

Thank you for that site. Great help :D

Another question. Is there a board for suggestions?

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

This is one board for suggestions. You can create a thread under the wish list category for example. If you can catch a livestream you can post questions or comments there. Also you can try using @DarkStarr @Chris or any other devs if you want to tag them about a suggestion. They don't always read the boards but keep trying. Also friend atos who is also Chris on the forums.

Lord British also accepts all friends requests so you know when he is online. The devs are working hard to do improvements as they can from constructive feedback.

Also the last Thursday of the month is release day. It used to be the day we got new content mostly but now that devs work from home that can happen anytime as well. Watch for when they do the livestreams and ask away. This game even though released is still in development. This dev team interacts with players more than any game I've seen.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.