new player

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by davoflores, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davoflores

davoflores Avatar

Hello, I'm new in the game and I'm kinda stuck.
    I don't know how to advance. I want to craft tier 2 armor and weapon, but I can´t find the recipes.

Once I entered a town I can't see the NPC on the map, is it normal ?

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

That's intentional, we don't do handholding in SoTa. But some npcs are on the map so not sure what issue you're having. Blue quest markers is all you get for hand-holdin tho it's old school that way.

You can buy recpies from player vendors, they drop from monsters in some scenes, they're in supply bags sometimes.

Don' forget to explore small towns, sometimes you can find player vendors with recipies. I have several on my vendors in Brekken Bay.

3. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Some NPCs are on the map (like town crier) but - and this will probably sound weirx - the game has to be played as the character rather than as a meta. By meta I mean following elements that your character wouldn't have access to.

Naturally, this sounds highly idealistic and probably frustrating as balls, so some meta has been added to keep blood pressure within safe levels, such as a compass, dynamic map, etc.

Ardoris and Owl's Head are the places for most recipes. For the more specific stuff, you need to go out and find them because the crafting system was obviously designed around ****** pokemon :mad:

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  5. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Couple other things to note:
    re-teachable and teachable recipes can be gained by "trading" with other players that have them. They just share them with you.
    The best place to look for recipes on NPC vendors is in major cities but you have to keep in mind that some recipes are only in specific towns/areas and some recipes only drop from bags/enemies. The latter you can find on player vendors but they're usually very expensive.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

In other words, like it was in the old days.

Gravidy and Jason_M like this.
  7. davoflores

davoflores Avatar

Thank you very much =)

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can also sometimes find recipes from supply bundles that humanoid creatures drop.

9. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Nice to eat you!

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome!

If you have the iron/copper weapon recipes already, there may still be a contract or two up on Ned in the factory (metal building) at the S Mart Factorium, near Resolute. That'll get some coin in your purse if you've got the resources to make them.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @davoflores to the game. I am Majoria in game and I would be happy to trade recipes to you. How this works in game is if you open your recipe book by selecting the b key out of the chat window it brings up your book. At the moment it is not searchable but hopefully one day it will be. you can go to a crafting table and use the filter to search though. So if you notice that some recipes say teachable or reteachable. All recipes have an square icon picture. This is what can be dragged to the trade window to give others the recipe. So once again I am Majoria in game and I am very happy to trade recipes with anyone, no charge. Remember it takes a few minutes to trade recipes for those of us who have been around a while. Some recipes are found in chests in dungeons, and some are found in supply bundles you get from loot, or some are just loot you get. Recipes can be sold on vendors. If you don't yet have a home I offer free rooms until you get established. I have an Inn and basements to set players up to store their items and deco the room. None of your items are able to be picked up by me or anyone with our permission system. These items would always go back to your bank if the property fell from the owner disappearing or for some reason.

12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome to SOTA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.