New Player

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by sunchaak, Dec 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunchaak

sunchaak Avatar

Hey everyone. I just started about a week ago. In-game name is Noni Kide. An old SWG player along with many, MMOs and RPGs over the past couple of decades. Just joined SotA and so far love the game. Wish I would have found it earlier. I've noticed the game doesn't have a ton of players but that's not deterring me. I did also notice about 5 or 6 other new players going through Solace with me so maybe there's a resurgence coming. Either way, happy to be here and look forward to logging in each night when real life stuff is done.

FBohler, Elgarion, Tirrag and 7 others like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome and always feel free to ask any questions.

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  3. DefectedZephyr

DefectedZephyr Avatar

Immortal City - Mistrendur, Arlia - Novia
    You will always find someone who is willing to offer their knowledge and time, so don't feel deterred about asking for help! Shroud is home to (most likely) the BEST community in the MMO industry, and a ton of us really care about the health of the game and it's inhabitants!

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Welcome @sunchaak :) , and it's likely you will never see the vast number of players that actually play Shroud of the Avatar due to it's instances and many different online play options.
    I've been playing since the beginning of time, and I still don't see that many players in the game, but are playing the game.
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Welcome, @sunchaak ! If you need help, a place to stay, or additions to your adventuring party, these forums will be a great resource for you in addition to in-game chat channels. I hope you enjoy your time here in New Britannia!

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @sunchaak and all new players to the game. The game is very spread out with many places to go and see. It's not usual to see everyone in one place to know who is online. Having players on your friends list helps to know some are online. Also using global chat just say hey is anyone there? J/k but you absolutely could. Players live in many towns throughout the game. Once you get your free deeds from doing quests you can decide on where you want to live. I manage the Town of Wizards Rest located on the Hidden Vale map. All lots are set to claimable.

As with many player towns players are very welcome in most towns and able to claim lots without interaction from town Governors or town Stewards/Managers as I am one of those.

As mentioned it's a game with a very friendly helpful community. Also a very small team of devs are still working on the game and updating, fixing and adding more things all the time.

We have many systems to learn about such as a vendor system to sell good on your own vendor, a housing system with decorating, a dungeon building system (anyone can have on their lot), a music system to play solo or in groups, a quest system, and.....

We have a mail system ( you can have your own mailboxes also). Click on a mailbox then click on blue letters that say "send mail" then adressee: majoria (for example) then subject: type a short note or write a note with paper or a book to send. You can also send most things even gold by mail just drag them onto your message page.

We have looking for group Alt f and so much more. Anyway I'm Majoria in game if I can help. Send a mail message if you don't see me online. I check mail almost every day. Happy journeys to you.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  7. Shotglass

Shotglass Avatar

You will find other adventurers as you branch out and start to see more of the game. See you around. Work the outskirts though, there is quite of bit there to gather and learn from.

8. sunchaak

sunchaak Avatar

Thanks all for the welcomes. I'm really enjoying my time and I am seeing other players here and there. It's nice to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.