1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I have a question on the player owned towns:

Will there be spawning reagents and mobs, and quests/events in our towns? I was just worried about making a town and it never being visited as it will be just a neighborhood to access housing...

In the releases, there is no reason to visit the neighborhood hexes aside from the ones you or your friends live in. Hoping there will be some good ways to make every hex valueable to visit for everyone.

Time Lord, rild, Keldrin and 3 others like this.
  2. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Ditto... took the dive to upgrade to Lord Marshal from Lord and picked up a holdfast while I was at it for my lordly estate. Hopefully we can stick with Lord title if we want.

Time Lord, rild, Arianna and 5 others like this.
  3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You get all the rewards from tiers below you, so I assume that means all the titles as well, allowing you to pick your favorite from all that you've unlocked.

4. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I'm more or less trying to understand the 10% bonus promotion. Don't get me wrong, it's better than nothing, but am I the only one who views it as a "sucks for you" deal to those who upgraded early? For example, consider these scenarios:

Billy is a founder, but never upgraded past adventurer. He likes what he sees and upgrades to Lord. The difference is $1,465 and nets him $146 in credit, raising his pledge to 1646. He then decides to upgrade to Lord Marshal for $554 for a total of $2054. He then spends $146 in the addon store, bringing his total expense to $2200 with $146 in addon items.

James is also a founder, but had early confidence in the game and pledged to a Lord before the promotion period. He decides to upgrade to Lord Marshal for a cost of $700, which grants him an extra $70 in credit towards his pledge which he can not use in the addon store. Making his total expense $2200 without anything in the addon store as a bonus.

Am I getting these scenarios right?

tamino likes this.
  5. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

oooh does that mean I can use 'Cartographer' from the Explorer pledge... :)

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I would really like to know if Founder Knights Marshal and Founder Lords Marshal are at least going to be able to use those titles and have them appear in Gold as befits a Founder.
    Could at least that concession be made to the Founders that've upgraded to tiers that have no Founder rewards associated?

7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Upgrading now is at the more expensive Benefactor cost. When this was discussed both in this thread and the Dev+ area, people complained that it is unfair there are new tiers available now, but at the more expensive cost. I think the temporary 10% bonus is a means of rewarding those who are upgrading now at the higher cost.

I can't imagine you'll be penalized for upgrading. The descriptions here are for Benefactor versions.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I hadn't considered the extra cost of benefactor. It only compounds my argument. In my previous scenario, Billy now has an extra $10 to use in the addon store and James still has nothing to show for pledging early. You said it properly, it's literally rewarding founders who waited and offers little or no benefit to those that jumped in head first and that seems backwards to me.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I think this works like it did last November around Thanksgiving with the pledge bonus. The 10% is added to your pledge and is not available to purchase in the add on store. Plus add-on store purchases does not count towards your pledge level.

"For all new pledges or pledge upgrades that you purchase for yourself, or as a gift, between 12:00 am CST June 6, 2014 and 12:00 am CST July 5, 2014 we will add an additional 10% bonus to your pledge account! For example, if you’re considering the new Row House included as a bonus reward in the Ancestor pledge and purchase it for $275, we will add an additional $28 to your pledge account ($275 times 10% equals $27.50 rounded up to $28; our pledge package doesn’t handle cents so we round up to nearest dollar).
    [NOTE: The 10% bonus pledge won't show up in your account immediately. Give us about 10 business days after the end of the promotion period to tally everyone's purchases and add the bonus pledge to your account. The 10% Pledge Bonus is non-transferable and is not applied toward Add-On Store or Stretch Goal Store purchases]
    "

The One, Time Lord, Soleidad and 2 others like this.
  10. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Oh gawd...is it Black Friday all over again?

treehoofer, Time Lord, rild and 2 others like this.
  11. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

OK, I leave for a day, and Darkstarr does a Megapost. That's the second time that's happened.

Time Lord, rild, enderandrew and 2 others like this.
  12. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I'm also quite confused. What good is an additional 10% on top of your upgrade? We can't melt pledge value into Addon Store credit or Stretch Goal Store credit, and we can't calculate out how much we need to pump into our pledges so that the 10% will put us to the next tier. (Well, we can calculate it, but we can't just up our pledge by an arbitrary value.) Can we actually do anything with that bonus 10%? It seems quite superficial.

Time Lord, Mishri and Arianna like this.
  13. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

It seems to me that is what they wanted from the start =)
    Something tells me these speculators will have a sandbox all for themselves very quickly.

tamino likes this.
  14. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I believe it's intent is to increase your lot picking tier... check the thread on lot picking. It's broken down by pledge tier and within that by various things including total pledge amounts.

15. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

Strange. I own ~20 steam games produced for under a million that according to you can not exist.
    There are plenty of simple but awesome indie games out there.

Parallaxe, Time Lord and tamino like this.
  16. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I wish they'd say for sure. Right now it just feels like a slap in the face meant to placate the people who were unhappy about losing the discount they were offered when special Founder pricing was available.

Time Lord and tamino like this.
  17. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

@Tarsilion which 20 games were produced for less than a million? Might as well give them an honest shake.

StarLord and Time Lord like this.
  18. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

@Caliya The number of backers is actually pretty good for a crowd funded game, these numbers only show their is a demand / market available.

To give you and idea of other successful crowd funding games, note these are taken for KS numbers will have no doubt changed somewhat since their initial launch but they aren't always reflected on their sites.
    Project Eternity has about 73k backers, Torment 73k, Kingdom Come: Deliverance 35k, Satellite Rain 15K, Hand of fate 1.3k

The only exception to these numbers would be Star Citizen which has hit a home run currently at 466k this is certainly not the norm though when it comes to crowd funded games.

I do find it odd that they list forum accounts as opposed to backers on the main page this is a bit misleading.

Time Lord, rild, Swanman and 2 others like this.
  19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

They list both! People can clearly see the number of forum users as well as backers to date.

StarLord, Time Lord, rild and 2 others like this.
  20. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

We can't melt it true. But we can calculate how much we need to pump our pledge to the next tier.
    Eg. You are a Lord with 1600. You need 600 to upgrade.

600/1.1 =545.46. Take 545 x 1.10 = 599.5 rounded to 600.

So pledging 545 would get you to the Lord Marshal tier. Tadaa. So go buy yourself two Explorer Pledges and a Collector's Pledge :)

Time Lord, rild, Jatvardur and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.