New to SoTA. Need gold, xp and higher tier character

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by BelGarian3, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BelGarian3

BelGarian3 Avatar

Hello one and all . I am relatively new to SoTA as of March 2018 . So, I have been playing long enough to love the game but struggling to advance my character past tier 2 . Gold and XP seem very difficult to come by as a low level character. Any tips from those of you who have the higher level characters?

FrostII likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Did you do the 3 Virtue quests and have all 3 banners? Up to that point is a ton of xp, and a little bit of gold. Especially now with double xp!

liz_the_wiz, FrostII and BelGarian3 like this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Give beginning areas a try. Blood river outskirts is fun and can make you some Exp and gold. Also do some mail delivery and soultown quests.

FrostII and BelGarian3 like this.
  4. BelGarian3

BelGarian3 Avatar

Thanks Jaesun and Aldo . Virtue quests, mail delivery and Blood River Outskirts sound like good places to start.

FrostII and Jaesun like this.
  5. BelGarian3

BelGarian3 Avatar

But Blood River Outskirts did just take away the XP points for Elven wine and heirlooms .

FrostII likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just did those with my new poke you in the eye Spear Dude. You can complete them once, and get some good xp.

FrostII likes this.
  7. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Hello, and welcome to Novia. I'm glad you are loving the game.

Have you tried grouping up with other Avatars yet? Explored Looking For Group (default alt+f)? Maybe consider joining a guild?

Shameless plug: https://bmcguild.enjin.com/

Alioth likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello @BelGarian3 . Are you doing this all alone. Try getting into groups sometimes. If you have been here since March and only on Tier 2 group up and get your skills raised. Generally groups have healers and teamwork going on and if they don't then they should. Alt f will take you to our new looking for group feature. If you don't see a group create a group and give it a title that encourages others to knock down those stuck in a rut barriers to getting that character leveling up. I am Majoria in game if I can ever help. Please send me a whisper or a mail message in game if I am offline or of course here too lol ;)

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome!

If you're on Steam, there is a guide there on how to make gold. The most important part is get your materials onto the local Public Vendors or to a player who buys (check their SELL tab), after figuring out the markets prices.

Right now people are hoovering up resources, so sell what you have. Wood for 30g, iron/copper for 40g, silver is probably 45 at least, with gold hitting 50 soon (my guess, or maybe it already happened).

Never sell most raw materials to NPCs. Borers, Cutworms, and maybe animal hides and cotton excepted, depending on how fast you want to move them.

Lots more tips, if you see me in game drop me a line. And get your Oracle 500g basic income daily, it adds up.

10. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Hello and welcome @BelGarian3 - I will respond to this thread instead of in the PM you have sent as some of the best answers are already aggregated here.

Since you are adventuring during the two week double xp timeframe, the beginner quest adventure areas are one of the best ways to get that early boost to your character's development. Doing all the quests in Highvale Outskirts can leave you with 4 to 5k of in game gold and thousands of XP points for your adventure pool.

If you manage one of the main storyline quests during this time period, they give you 200,000 xp instead of 100,000 xp.
    The Truth quest line is probably the shortest and less combat intensive, with the Courage involving a bit more fighting.

Happy Adventuring out there!

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Well over 100,000 XP, and it is crafting XP too!

I didn't put this link in because I forgot I had Tiny'd it and didn't want to go looking last night, but here's what amounts to a Blog where I take make a new character and allow myself zero outside help, and raise over 325,000g in 66 hours. Things have changed since then, they always do, so you have to adapt and keep up with the market, but the ideas are the same.

Oh, and most important: Keep having fun. You'll notice in the above blog that I did many different things, I didn't just sit in one location and grind myself to tears.

12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

If you complete all 3 mainline quests and even ignoring the sub quests, you can get about 1M xp .. and some gold.. I did them all solo on a toon, that I create at the start. While this is not a how to, you can watch the whole thing and see how long it took me in the unedited thing of

There is a caveat statement on the video, the first hour no one told my mic wasnt recording .... and its not a how to, but you can watch the strategy I used.

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.