Discussion in 'Screenshot & Video Galleries' started by Cerus, Jun 29, 2018.
As always, any feedback is welcome and will be shared
I really like this video . We see the possible actions but the imagination of the player is free ... it 's good!
Good choice of music I find too.
It makes you want to discover
Good job !
Amazing video! Really awesome and the music is great. I just have one question...what game is this?
Kidding! This is great stuff here keep up the good work!
I like this one the best so far. It doesn't confuse about what might/might not be in the game. It doesn't say much about what the game is actually like, but I kind of like that with Shroud's current state. Let everyone explore and look for what might be fun to them.
Really cool. Although I want you guys to put the UO trailer on everyone's computer as a screen saver for a month and write a short dramatic prologue text and go find a homeless guy and give him 200$ if he puts down the spoken voice performance of his life.
Just kidding, awesome job, these are getting better for sure. Walking still looks a little slow, few dropped frames and slight awkward pauses/stances but congrats none theless
Much, much better.
1) Feels more alive and animated.
2) Action sequences.
3) Better continuity of scenes.
4) Video captures were made on a faster computer.
5) Music choice and timing is better (i.e., we aren't in a soothing melody during a dragon fight.)
1) 0:26 - We went from expecting voice over to floating words that doesn't represent actual game play. Suggestion: Continue using voice over for this scene and others, or push camera closer to the fallen soldier, or show other fallen soldiers in a shorter time frame (tending to wounded).
2) 1:50 to 2:11 - The scene with the Titan is more like a story starter. I'm tempted to say this should be shortened and placed toward the front of the video. Consider Necropolis or Shuttered Eye as an alternative because of the music change.
3) 2:11 to Credits -- Pullback shot to .. unknown? My feeling is you need a cliff-hanger, a boss fight, and/or some additional voice over direction. This change of pace weakened the video for me - anti-climatic.
Commentary (not imperative for this video, but please consider for future ones):
1) Please review Ultima IV "Quest of the Avatar" and Ultima 6 "The False Prophet" when referring to Virtue. Hack and slash isn't virtue (unless its Courage, I suppose.) If you want to stimulate those feelings without voice over or text, show images of the Avatar at Brittany Graveyard, at Devotionals, Oracle Confirmatory, Ankhs, and counter imagery such as the Stain Glass Cathedrals in the Fall, Giant Obsidian Statues, Obsidian Throne Rooms, Shuttered Eye Library and Torture Chambers, and Evil Laboratories.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_IV:_Quest_of_the_Avatar "The object of the game is to focus on the main character's development in virtuous life—possible because the land is at peace—and become a spiritual leader and an example to the people of the world of Britannia. The game follows the protagonist's struggle to understand and exercise the Eight Virtues."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_VI:_The_False_Prophet "It is only later in the game that the Avatar learns that the whole situation looks rather different from the point of view of the gargoyles – indeed, they even have their own system of virtues. The quest for victory over the gargoyles now turns into a quest for peace with them."
2) The faceless hero in armor swinging swords doesn't give any feelings of progression or player's skill diversity. Without knowing the game enough to see the differences in moves, it looks like its just swinging a sword around. Consider using Ignite Weapon or using "Fist" or other spells that appear to originate from the actor.
3) After watching two videos with the Kobold King, I'm convinced he needs more animation effects. He's too central to just breath deeply like he does. I'd expect him to be doing the /talkangry emote, the not the Avatar.
A few of us have been talking SotA Marketing, target demographics, and what would inspire players to play. This part is taken straight off of Discord:
What makes me squee: Lord British. Virtues. FPS. Story. Magic. Magic weapons. Dungeons. Monsters. Treasure Chests. Secret Rooms. Oh, and Companions.
We definitly need more and better dungeons (in the video too).
Face the truth, there is no proper fantasy adventure without long deep dungeons and heroes turning the inhabitants of mentioned places into endangered species!
This video is far better than most promo videos I've seen for the game but it's lacking something pretty vital. Other players and a preview of group content.
Well done on the video, can not wait to see another video based on the new graphic changes of R56
Separate names with a comma.