NEWBIE NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scarar, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scarar

scarar Avatar

I'm sorry to bother you. I'm new to the game and I'm a kickstarter backer $800 and I don't understand what to do. Is their a list of commands and what they do? I tried talking to people but I can't get the stuck command to work. Is their a list of commands to help me play the game?

V/r
    Timothy Monnig
    US NAVY - DISABLED / RETIRED

2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Hey Scarar. What are you trying to do?

I'm happy to help out and there are a large number of posts for how to play, but don't want to give you tons of links that don't actually answer your questions.

Currently, there are only a handful of quests (maybe 20ish) so primarily the game consists of testing combat and crafting.

3. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

4. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Scarar, hi and welcome. I'm not on at the moment but another resource which can be very helpful is the IRC chat area. Quite a few people "hang out" there.

Also, often overlooked (I'm guilty too) is the set of instructions that is in your inventory. the "I" key opens that up for ya.

5. scarar

scarar Avatar

ok, I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I keep dying when I try to kill things. And it erased my char for the new patch and I don't know what to do.
    I don't know the commands to move or anything. So, I thought their is a list of commands that I can do. I have no gold to buy anything.

Mata and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

7. scarar

scarar Avatar

ok, is their a list of commands I may use to get around and get gold? This new patch put me in a different area and I don't know what to do? Someone told me about a stuck command but I can't get it to work at all, my friends list got wiped so I don't have my friend who was helping me. :(

8. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

is scarar your ingame name?

Mata, Ice Queen and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  9. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

you can type /stuck to get unstuck, also you can add me in game.. i will help you whenever you message me.

10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

b
    the "M" key will bring up a map (more like a compass) thing in the top of you screen... under it'll tell you where you are

Another great rresouce is at www.sotamap.com

There's a search feature... so you can see where you are and where that is in the bigger picture

11. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

From very basic upwards:
    To move you use the wasd keys or hold the left and right mouse buttons (right mouse button when held down will rotate camera so you can look around).
    To attack you target enemy with left mouse click and then either hit T (for auto-attack) or click/press the number for the glyph in the bar at the bottom of the screen (1-8).
    To get gold, kill stuff, loot the body (by double clicking it) and then there will be some gold and you can sell any weapons/items carried.
    Then check out the links people have posted for how to advance and level.

12. scarar

scarar Avatar

Scarar Lee = My toon in game - I use the steam login so I don't know if steam and the non-steam servers are linked together.

Mata, Solazur and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  13. scarar

scarar Avatar

With this patch it didn't put me at the start like the previous patches did. Like you kill skeltons and u leave the burning village this patch it didn't happen that way, I got lost and didn't know what to do. I just hope I can find a plot for my home ($800) kickstarter backer. Maybe they can save plots for backers, I'm worried that the lands will be used up :(

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  14. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

There should be a lady that you talk to... she will then ask some questions and then open up the portal to transfer to 1 of 3 places (depending on your questions).

Courage answers takes you to Solace Bridge (the previous starting place).
    Truth answers takes you to Bloodriver (new place, there is a guy poking around the corpses you need to find and trade a random "valuable" item found either on corpses or in containers for a dagger he has)
    Love answers takes you to... don't remember the name of the place... but there is a wounded guard that when you talk to him a key appears on a body by a well (I think... haven't done this one personally) and if you don't talk to the guard the key doesn't pop

Mata, Solazur and Themo Lock like this.
  15. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Hook up with Solazur, he will help you. And we have many places for you to place your home in our player owned towns, do not worry about that.

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

welcome to the game scarar. ahhh youre not bothering anyone. The game is difficult to understand at the moment. There is tons to do, but just walking into the game can be like hmmm what to do? I totally understand that. At this time it's best to hook up with others to show you around. It's a very social game too since all the game is not in yet.

There's still so much I also don't know well that is and I've been here since Nov 2013. I'm majoria in the game if you friend me and see me online send me a whisper with any questions. So you can hit the 'f' key to add friends and then right click their name to get the whisper option. Also you can right click a persons character to see options. The o key gives you your emotes. the v key gives you your stats, n key is for names. if you lose your chat window you hit the enter key to get it back and pin it open if you want with the pin. use the z key to toggle in and out of combat.

We have more and more to do now. You can pvp and play many types of games. We have save the flag or challenge the glag hmmm I am not an expert on this one at all but it is pvp and seems fun from what I see but I'm not much of a pvper usually but who knows lol. Since we're still in alpha the social side has developed a lot more than perhaps it would but who knows for sure.

The housing and decorating is there to do, agriculture, fishing, and questlines are kind of hidden you have to talk to the npcs to start quest lines that show up in your journal, which is the j key. We have a tourguide quest every new release that gives you a hat or mask that is rare and gets added to your account. Then it stays with you if we get a wipe, which we are getting this month. They happen about every 3 months. Not bad though since it is happening because the game needs it to get completed and add in some changes that need a wipe. Ok well just a little info for you.

Sorry for the wall of text and don't forget to use the y key and k key too. you need to turn down skills you will not be using or to focus on a smaller amount of them for the moment to get them raised. Just post any help you need here also, we'll be happy to help you.:)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  17. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I'm not ingame right now Themo... however, I'll try and get on in a half hour or so. ALso Scarar....I can hook you up with a place for your house for the time being if you need it.

18. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

OK...I'm in.. attempting to hook up now

19. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I am not in game until tomorrow, but feel free to add Themo Lock to your friends list

20. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Generally, double clicking on in-game things (gates, levers, chests, etc.) will interact with them. If you double click a chest and see gold or something in there that you want, you can drag it to your avatar to take it. Click "O" on your keyboard to bring up emotes.

Double-clicking on an npc will enter a conversation with them where you can type what you want to say in the chat box.

If you need any help, pretty much any in-game player will be happy to help you (including everyone who has replied in this thread). One of the things that makes this game special is it's very friendly and helpful community.

Add "By Tor" to your friends list and it would be my pleasure to assist you in any way I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.