Newbie question

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by DustinLogan, Nov 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustinLogan

DustinLogan Avatar

Hello guys! Please excuse my noob question but i’m actually stumped here. So the thing is, I have an instrument but I don’t know how to activate it. Can you help me out please? Thank you so much!

Elgarion and FBohler like this.
  2. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

two ways:
    A)put sheet music in your deck or utility bar use it as any other glyph
    B)put an .abc file in your "Sheet Music directory ( /datafolder to get there) then type "/play musicfilename"

Elgarion likes this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

There's a third way actually.

Type /play and use 1-8 for notes

Elgarion likes this.
  4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

A couple of other bits of information that may be helpful:
    1. You must have the musical instrument equipped for the methods listed above to work.
    2. In the options > audio menu (click on the cog icon in the upper right of the game window, then click "audio" tab), make sure the "instrument" volume slider and the "master" volume slider are positioned far enough to the right so that you can hear the instrument.
    3. If you do not have sheet music, there are several ways to get it.
      • Many player vendors sell sheet music.
      • A few music sheets can be purchased from NPC book merchants in some Non-player run towns. I know there is a book merchant at the upper level of Owl's Head and one in Etceter.
      • Some sheet music can be found as deco that you can take/steal (an example is the "Baron of Eastmarch" music that is on a counter-top in the library of Brittany Castle. The library is several floors up from the ground floor of the castle - i think 4 or 5 levels up. Brittany castle is atop the hill in Central Brittany).
      • Create the sheet music yourself - i have not done this, but some players have and they may be able to expand on this option.
      • Download the music from a website that archives .abc files - Here as in older step by step guide and an abc archive that I used in the past.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the game @DustinLogan . I am happy to send you some sheet music songs if you share your in-game name. We have a wonderful music system in this game. Bard skills were added pretty recently but also we can solo play songs and play songs in a group. Just equip an instrument or sit at a placed instrument like a piano and if you you have a sheet music in your inventory click on it to play it.

I'm majoria in game. I'm happy to give songs freely and teach anyone about how to use or music system anytime. Send me a friends request. I accept all friends requests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.