Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by RancidRat, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RancidRat

RancidRat Avatar

I have played the game for about 8 hours. Stayed mainly around Soltown. I am playing as an archer. I have found the graveyard and the catacombs which are quite fun. When I look at my stats my strength and intelligence are both 10. My dexterity is 18. I have just manly been running around shooting things with my bow. How do I raise my strength and intelligence? On the right side of my screen I can see an icon that says train dexterity but nothing for strength or intelligence. Is the maximum 100? Is it possible to have all three (Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence) at 100 or is there a cap?

In UO mining was good for building strength. Will that still work? If so where is the best place to start?

Thanks in advance.

Time Lord and Acred like this.
  2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Press "K" to bring up your skill list. On the left side, at the bottom, are all your stat gaining skills. You need to unlock Tactics for Strength and the other one for Intelligence. (Sorry, forgot the name. Focus, maybe?). Keep in mind that the Attributes (Str, Dex, Int) are the most XP intensive skills and will drain your XP pool fast if you have more than one active at a time.

4EverLost, Time Lord and Acred like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

train strength is below helthy in thet tactics tree. train int is below heightened awareness in the focus tree. you don't start with all three unlocked by default.

4. RancidRat

RancidRat Avatar

Thank you. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have them unlocked to start off with? I mean am i really going to want strength to be at 10 forever?

5. RancidRat

RancidRat Avatar

So are you recommending that only one Attribute should be active at any given time? How high should I let Dexterity get before getting my Strength up?

6. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I got all three unlocked, but i'm not really in a hurry :)

7. Acred

Acred Avatar

I have all three Attributes unlocked as well. It is not a strategy that levels them up quickly. I intend to develop the early tiers in my chosen skill trees before I unlock tiers that use reagents.

At the moment I think I might take Solstar's advice and train one Attribute at a time and switch some of my other skills onto 'maintain'.

4EverLost and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.