Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No current tasks in the journal when you land in the Isle of Storms

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by jiirc, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Title: No current tasks in the journal when you land in the Isle of Storms
    Blocker: No
    Repro Rate: 100%
    Details: When you start in the Isle of Storms, you are asked to talk to Arabella. When you do so, you are told about your journal. "I wrote in my journal about my arrival in this new world." If you open your journal, because you know how to, there isn't any task in the journal. Also there isn't anything about talking to Arabella.

I think this would be a good time to introduce the player to the journal. You've already primed the payer to use the journal by waying that it was written in. It could be a natural step to have them open it ad examin the current tasks and the knowledge sections. There could be a task to have them go to the magic mirror or to keep talking to Arabella. There could be a second journal entry in the knowledge area that you talked to the mysterious woman, Later additional entries should be there for the book, the oracle and the rift.
    Build: 372

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks, we do introduce people with a popup on how to open the journal near the end of Isle of Storms but will check to see on when/where we write other journal entries.

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I don't remember seeing a popup, at least a pop hint style of text as per the old method. I do remember seeing a chat entry. Not sure if there was a bubble text line or not. But I'll pay attention for this as I run ther quests again shortly.

4. Lum the Mad

We will be replacing ALL old-style tutorial windows with popup text by the end of R32

5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Just double checked the notice about the journal near the rift. It does appear just before you hit the rift. Do you think it would be possible that a new user might miss the text because of the goal of getting into the rift to continue on.

6. Lum the Mad

Yes but we also need to space out these instructions to try to minimize the 'overload' of hints that we're already in danger of introducing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.