Non-combat pets: Can you select which ones you receive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alfric Jodoc, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfric Jodoc

Alfric Jodoc Avatar

Hello,

With the arrival of the pets this release, I was wondering if it would be possible to select what sort of pets/pet calls you received from your Royal Founder/Founder/Benefactor rewards, esp. by the time the "final" version of the game is released.

I, for one, wouldn't mind appearing like a crazy cat person and have multiple Siamese cats for my pets. However, I haven't played with the pet calls yet, so I don't know if I could have more than 1 pet active at a time (it'd be cool if I could).

2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Unfortunately we cannot have more than 1 out right now. I am also hoping to leave them out and let them wander my home...Hoping that comes too otherwise they will be pretty worthless to me hehe...I just like house pets not following pets...(Unless they can help me fight)

lollie, majoria70, Terminator and 3 others like this.
  3. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

I've tried experimenting with that, and you can order them to stay on a scene, and they'll remain there, but only until you exit the scene or refresh it in some way (by dying, say); they clip pretty badly into player housing and staircases however, so you may have to move them around even then... I left my Black Cat on my steps but had to teleport it numerous times to get him to stay visible there as he'd fall through the steps. Moving around the Row House with him, he disappeared under the fireplace or teleported into the walls, sadly.

They also don't, as yet, swim; if you take them out to sea they'll walk along the floor. They do fight, or at least, can occasionally be targeted by the NPCs, but they die almost instantly.

Baldrith is correct we can only have 1 out at the moment; which is a shame as higher tier pledges get to choose all 3; but some like myself wanted to choose 3 of one type, I wanted a house full of Ravens, or possibly a ship with them following, and a ship's cat aboard; I put roleplay above vanity variety which, if everyone shows off all types, just makes everyone identical.

4. Grandam

Grandam Avatar

I want to name my pet black cat. I don't want him to be so generic. By the way, my cat swims with me. : )

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
  5. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Naming pets will probably be in the game eventually. LB seemed to like the idea when I suggested it (which is a good sign), as did the rest of the community - Ability to Name Pets.

I think they know we want all these things personalised as much as possible, this game is very social after all :3

Lord Baldrith and Vaentorian like this.
  6. Musou

Musou Avatar

how do i use these pets i have a dog and a cat in my bag apparently i haven't been able to get them to manifest into an animal. Any help?

7. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Chuck the petcall item onto your hotbar (the non-combat hotbar you have when out of combat) and press the key to summon the pet.

8. Musou

Musou Avatar

Ty lollie. Hah can't believe I didn't try that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.