Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[NOT A BUG]Can't pick up my own Tenant items on landlords lot

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

1/10/2018 12:43 AM
    Title: Can't pick up my own Tenant items on landlords lot
    Reproduction Rate: 3 different logins
    Blocker?Yes
    Details: I am a Kindred Tenant on @Tristano Visconti 's castle lot in Brittany Alleys. Today I went in and tried to do some redecorating and none of my items were moveable by me. Mousing over shows that they are mine, and in Tenant mode, but they are not grabbable. Tristano hasn't changed anything in permissions, he said I may need to contact support after bugging it.

Steps to Reproduce:Go look at my items at his lot in BA. It's at the S Mart Dandy Department, in one of the tents. Some of the items in the tent aren't Tenant, they were placed by Viola who is just Kindred. All the Tenant ones of mine are unmovable.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32603
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8086
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.716.Date.12.19.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Alley
    Area Display Name: Brittany Alleys
    Loc: (108.9, 44.6, 190.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9BbGxleXx8KDEwOC45MTYsIDQ0LjU1MywgMTg5Ljk2Myl8KDAsIC0wLjMwNywgMCwgMC45NTIpfDMyNC43Mzc5fDQ4Ljg1Mjc5fDIuOTQ4OTQ4

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I just found out that it was because I had Unchecked "Tenant" on another lot, and so now when back at BA I was no long to able to access MY tenant items. So I think this is as it is intended to be, because it also lets me interact as a permissioned person on the lot with non-tenant items.

So I rechecked "Tenant" after Right Click-> Permissions and now I can move my stuff again.

I'll leave this here in case anyone else is confused and about to submit a bug report, maybe it will help them.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am having trouble with tenant mode. I added a person to tenant status on the stone of my Inn, and on the door I added tenant/manager status and the person could not place anything until I set the lot permissions to kindred. Is something broken in the rental system? Please could you check @Devs.

1/15/2018 12:11 PM
    Title: Rental system is it broken?
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? renter cannot place any items
    Details: I added a person to tenant status on the stone of my Inn, and on the door I added tenant/manager status and the person could not place anything until I set the lot permissions to kindred.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32683
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6061
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.716.Date.12.19.17
    Area: POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Wizards Rest
    Area Display Name: Wizards Rest
    Loc: (100.2, 38.0, 200.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2FscGluZV9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdpemFyZHMgUmVzdHwoMTAwLjE4OCwgMzguMDM0LCAyMDAuNTg5KXwoMCwgLTAuMzM0LCAwLCAwLjk0Myl8LTM5Ni42NjE2fDI4LjE4Mzk1fDMuMzUxMQ==

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Lexie can you check with someone? I have approximately 5 tenants living in my Inn. 4 of them are set on the lot stone as guest/tenant. Then on the door as tenant/manager. They can place items in their room and a hanging simple mailbox up on the outside wall of the room as well as place a plant too.

Then the 5th renter came to live in the Inn and no matter what we tried she could not place items with the same setup as above. I had to give her lot permission of kindred for her to place her own items. Then I tested this today with another player and the guest/tenant setup worked for him. What is wrong with her character that I can't give her guest/tenant status?

also a friend tested me on his house and he had to do kindred permission/tenant on the stone for me to place in the room he set me up with on his lot.

This is a pot that I'm steward of and I own the inn which is on a tax-free town lot.

One more thing me and my friend saw was that he as a guest tenant in my Inn could go in any other players rented rooms and place items in their rented room but he could not pick up other players items in their room.

So something is a bit broken imo. Players items are still safe but their privacy is not. My friend as a guest/tenant could go in any rented room and place items and only pick up his own placed items.

I could always go in all rooms as lot owner and place items but not pick up or open renters items and they could not pick up anything I placed, which hasn't changed and is ok this way although I stay out and respect their privacy unless giving a quick peek to new renters, but what is broken is that my guest tenant tonight could do the same thing I can do and this part is broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.