Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

not responding at 50% and 65%

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by The Hendoman, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

What is loading at 50% that causes windows to say not responding and white out for about 20 seconds, then it snaps out of it and continues to load, and pauses at 65%, not responding, then loads the scene normally? Is it a particularly large file that has to load into memory? I've got 8 megs and when i task manager monitor it, nothing sota related needs more than 2 or three megs of memory. Thank you

THE HENDOMAN

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Acred likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Acred likes this.
  3. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

i did report it in the proper place 6 months ago - no reply, It isnt a blocker because it will still catch up and load. it's more of a delayer.

THE HENDOMAN

Acred likes this.
  4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

When a program gets into a state where it is not responding to the operating system's status requests, you see it as "Not Responding" in the window title bar. In some cases this is because the program got into a bad state and is stuck that way.

In this case, SotA is just doing some (presumably heavy) processing and isn't waiting to respond to the status requests. Of course, it eventually finishes and starts responding back to the OS. To resolve the issue, Portalarium would have to force a wait to this particular step doing the processing to make sure that it can respond to the OS. I'm sure it's a low priority because it's not entering a bad state and recovers on it's own.

Acred and The Hendoman like this.
  5. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

thank you very much for the answer. I have tried to set sota priority higher than normal, but im not sure what that does, and it doesnt work anyway. i wonder if i can decipher the log and see what those heavy processed files are...

THE HENDOMAN

Acred likes this.
  6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

It doesn't have to be files, it just has to be processing. It could be data it's pulling from the server and using to set up the scene. I know Unity has performance issues with dynamically loading prefabs and this could be related.

Acred likes this.
  7. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

i'm trying to figure out how to get the appropriate Dev or Coder to see this post. I know I've gotten Starr's attention in the past by simply bitching about the release date (with the state the game turned out to be in oct. 2014, and what has been 'improved' since then - I still don't see why the lateness. It looks the same for two years now. YES, chickens in a room. But it was only 6 months after that when the rest of the game was built and it really hasnt changed THAT much) ... I wonder what I need to do to get this one noticed?

THE HENDOMAN

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  8. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Try running Shroud in administrator mode. I have an older PC that I run shroud on every once and a while and noticed the same problem. Once I set Shroud to run as admin it got much better,

9. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

wow - admin sorta worked :) it is much faster loading now...still the same pause spots, but better. I felt I already had it set upadmin, but... now i dont know. Thanks mate!

THE HENDOMAN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.