Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[NotABug] Pristine Polar Bear Head drop in sanctus spine

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by The Hendoman, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

Title: polar head drop rate in sanctus spine may be broken
    Reproduction Rate: ?%
    Blocker? no
    Details: grind polar bears and nothing but polar bears
    Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: in signature, but lower
    GPU: lowest graphics settings
    SotA. r56 and previous

there have been previous reports of over 500 kills and skins of polar bears, no pristine head drops. I was at it a couple of days ago when the pristine / primal drop rate was high for Deep Ravensderp, and none dropped for me then, or since.

I'll add the only two pristine polar heads in my bank dropped in vauban pass, when it was a clone (?) of sanctus spine, or the other way around. Thank you for your time

THE HENDOMAN

FrostII likes this.
  2. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

still at it for 250 more polar bears - no pristine heads. After 500, i'm calling it quits and start looking for croc heads.

i'll add that my gfx is set to lowest, nothing but cull deco checked (now my default setting since the 98% loading lockup bug)

oh and my field dressing is top three maintaining 98, that last one is rising at 95. Though, im not sure how that works, is my dressing effecting my chance of drops, or is the drop there when i kill it, anyone skinning would get a pristine head? must be there at kill, if i could get them at a lower level, then i'd be getting them like mad now, and i'm not.

THE HENDOMAN

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    FrostII likes this.
  3. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

The drop rate of the pristine heads is determined by the creature. The higher difficulty bears have a higher chance of dropping it, so the Large Polar Bear has a higher drop rate then Polar Bear. The scene has no influence on the drop rate. Your field dressing skill controls success but does not influence the loot. I've heard multiple people mention issues with finding the Pristine Polar Bear Head in the past, so I've looked at the data multiple times, including now just again and can find nothing amiss.

4. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

thank you so much for the reply, that explains a lot. i haven't ground large polar bears as much as the others it seems. I think it's because there isnt a kingswood next to it with easy walking distance to a banker.

Good to know the higher difficulty bears have a higher chance of dropping heads. Also good to know f. dressing controls success, since i'm so much higher in that skill than when i worked l.a.p.bears before. and that highest skilled should skin in party modes.

bit of a bummer that the head is there regardless of which avatar/beast killed the bear. I was hoping the drop rate was influenced also on what you skinned, so leaving wolves and only skinning bears would increase the chance of a drop. Is there a drop rate anon. group, like for gamblers? :)

i can see that my arctic wolf to polar bear ratio is 12 to 2 and my elder wolf to obsidian bear is 29 to 9 so im optimistic again.

[​IMG]

THE HENDOMAN

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  5. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

I believe the rarity of the Large Polar Bears is probably the main issue. I will take a peek at Polar Bear spawns and see if we can't make a few more large ones spawn.

6. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

i think there are as many as obsidians in DR at there are large polar bear near this entrance of sanctus spine - i dont want to break/or request resources for this, it seems an equal spawn to me. If anything, increase the amount in the two places listed in the sotawiki, vertas and brightbone pass, i found very few by comparison at those two places.

@Gregg247 addendum - [​IMG]

Area: Sanctus Spine (Novia_R6_Forest01_SanctusSpine) Loc: (280.6, 27.2, 203.9) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjZfRm9yZXN0MDFfU2FuY3R1c1NwaW5lfHwoMjgwLjYxMywgMjcuMTYsIDIwMy44OTkpfCgwLCAwLjAxMSwgMCwgLTEpfC0zNjEuMTYyM3w3LjgzMzgxNHw4LjIyOTQ2OQ==

and this one Area: Sanctus Spine (Novia_R6_Forest01_SanctusSpine) Loc: (326.7, 25.3, 172.0) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjZfRm9yZXN0MDFfU2FuY3R1c1NwaW5lfHwoMzI2LjcxMSwgMjUuMjY5LCAxNzIuMDE5KXwoMCwgMC45ODMsIDAsIDAuMTg1KXwtMTkuNjc5Njd8OS4zODI1ODZ8MTEuNDA0Mjc= today 8/20/18, so... my mistake and thank you. Now to hunt pristine Crocodile heads :)

THE HENDOMAN

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Spoon likes this.
  7. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

Hendoman, that's the exact spot where I got mine!

The Hendoman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.