Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Now Enjoying the New challenge

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Lord Baldrith, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I have to admit...I am now enjoying how the game is working for me. I was quite frustrated at first while trying to survive and cope with having no money, no combat skill, no harvesting skill...

But...After working hard...leveling slowly but committedly, I was able to start surviving some fights...Killing skeletons in East Perennial Trail...selling their swords at Owl's Head for full profit...accumulating wood, cotton and ore to begin anew crafting career...Feeling the desire to accomplish many goals and many tasks!

Going to Owl's Head, finding new ways to earn money...messing around with cooking recipes...Plate of Crackling Oil costs 10 gold to make (all bought ingredients) and sells for 25 to Thomas. Or, save 2 gold by killing and skinning sheep and pigs for fat and selling their raw meat for extra profit. I remember these things from Ultima Online! I remember starting with nothing and having to save and work hard! This is the feeling again for me!

Thanks so much for the hard work on this release! I didn't even get into explaining how much I LOVE of my now POT and the LOVE of decorating it and making it awesome!

Thanks so much!

2. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

I'm grateful you posted this, I feel the same way. I do enjoy the extra difficulty, having to carefully plan my expenses a bit more and taking more time to buy skills so I have more experience with them rather than "bulk purchases" so to speak.

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I tend to agree. But some other games these days are taking a different approach of trying to 'make the player feel like a hero on day one.' Wasn't that said somewhere for this game? Whatever the case, I guess I just hope that SOTAs lore ties one's starting 'weaknesses' to something about 'the Avatar' having been gone from the land too long and the virtues forgotten. Something that makes 'killing rats' more meaningful than ... 'killing rats.'

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.